Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Change Icon/Tale app

I am trying to change the default Unity Icon to a personalized icon I made with Photoshop.
I never had problems with other devices, but with the Hololens it seems it doesn't change.
I changed all the icons from the Package.appxmanifest
and I also changed the icons in Unity>Player Settings>Icon

Is there anything I am missing?
Thanks!

www.judithamores.com

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    HoloSheepHoloSheep mod
    edited July 2016

Hi @jdthamores,

Is the icon you are trying to change the one that appears on the Windows Menu:

If so, the above icon for the HouseReno app appeared after I created replacement images for the six default set of icons that come in the UWP app that Unity builds for you. For simplicity in this case I only changed them in the Visual Studio solution.

In particular it was the file named Square150x150Logo.scale-200.png which if you check the default image before you replace it you will see it is actually 300x300 pixels in size.

In Visual Studio it was the following image:

I did notice that it appeared correctly on the emulator right off the bat (which I believe is due to the fresh instance of the emulator not having a previous version of the app installed on it) but that I had to restart on the actual HoloLens device before I saw the change occur in the menu (I suspect because the app was previously deployed to the HoloLens with the default icon).

EDIT: There is a relevant page in the Holographic Documentation that may also be helpful.

HTH

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Thanks @HoloSheep,First I override the previous app,but icon didn't change.
    then I unistall my app and reintall again,but didn't work too.
    How embarrassed.

• Options

From a strictly Unity perspective (easier to manage for a variety of reasons) I've successfully set this in:

Player Settings... > Icon

Then scroll down to "Universal 10 Tiles and Logos" and find "Square 310x310 Logo" and set the logo for the "Scale 150%"

I'm pretty sure a few other ones will work as well, while others definitely do nothing.

• Options

Yeah it seems like the icon only updates on a hard restart of the device.

Stephen Hodgson
    Microsoft HoloLens Agency Readiness Program
    Virtual Solutions Developer at Saab
    HoloToolkit-Unity Moderator