Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Cannot find store image assets from manifest when building a package for the store

I have included all of the images in my project settings as shown on this page:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/submitting_an_app_to_the_windows_store

But I get these errors when I try and build a store package:

Severity    Code    Description Project File    Line    Suppression State
Error       App manifest references the image 'Assets\StoreLogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.   Ether Wars  C:\Users\Flarb\Desktop\app\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest  8   
Error       App manifest references the image 'Assets\Square71x71Logo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Ether Wars  C:\Users\Flarb\Desktop\app\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest  19  
Error       App manifest references the image 'Assets\Square310x310Logo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.   Ether Wars  C:\Users\Flarb\Desktop\app\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest  19  
Error       App manifest references the square 310x310 logo image 'Assets\Square310x310Logo.scale-100.png' which is larger than the maximum image file size. It must be no larger than 204800 bytes.    Ether Wars  C:\Users\Flarb\Desktop\app\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest  19  

These filenames don't match the names of the assets in my project folder, but I figured Unity renames them in the package.....or do I have to make sure these assets have these exact names? Is dragging them to the correct slot in the inspector not enough?

ralphbarbagallo.com - flarb.com - @flarb

Best Answer

Answers

• @Flarb,
    If you made changes to Unity's Project Settings (added images or changed capabilities) after you created a Visual Studio solution, then there's a good chance that Visual Studio did not pick up your changes. You can try deleting your build folder and then have Unity re-generate a solution for you. The new solution should include the updates you made to Project Settings. You should also open your Package.appxmanifest file in Visual Studio and verify that the 'Visual Assets' and 'Capabilities' match what you set in Unity.

• I tired building a complete new project, and I still have these errors when I package it.

The filenames in the manifest don't match the files I dragged to the icon slots in the inspector, but I'm assuming Unity renames them in the package?

• BTW, I used PngCrush on the final error to fix that one--but it still can't find the three logo pngs listed in that error.

• @Flarb,
    Have you tried renaming the assets to match? I didn't think this was necessary either, but if VS is looking for a specific file, it wouldn't hurt to try.

• I'll give it a shot.

• Nope doesn't work. Same problem. I used the latest version of Unity HTP, renamed the icons, and it can't find them. Pretty much stumped at this point.

• BTW just updated NuGet to all the latest packages, moved to a shorter path, and now I'm only down to two errors:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\StoreLogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Ether Wars C:\U\EW\App\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest 8
    Error App manifest references the image 'Assets\Square71x71Logo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package. Ether Wars C:\U\EW\App\Ether Wars\Package.appxmanifest 19