Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Lenovo Explorer constantly going black screen

Hi i'm having the issue of my WMR headset keeps going black screen on me. This happened since March 3 2018 and very frequently last night March 5 2018. The device work perfectly the last 3 weeks since i bought it. The problem now is whenever I load into steamvr I can only stay in the game within a few minutes or maybe 5 min before the Headset goes black or Sometimes i get this burn out look inside the WMR and on my PC monitor that just goes black. I'm sure the HDMI cable is connected so is the USB it runs just for 10 min before it goes black again. I'm not sure is it windows update that caused this consider I check my system restore and there was a critical update on March 2 2018. Please help

Answers

• I am having similar issues, with a black screen. I was having an issue with the USB 3.0 connection getting dropped. The Device Manager would have a warning on a USB Root Hub. If I updated the driver, the warning would go away and the headset would connect to the MR Portal and things would work again. I Tried a PCIe card, but the MR Portal did not like a non Microsoft driver. I then tried a powered hub between the computer and the Headset. That seemed to solve the black screen issue, although I now have a new problem (error code S0002361-101.

• i think i found the solution but im not 100% sure.

this is what i did:
    Go to Device manager > Mixed Reality devices > (your headset) > Drivers > Update Drivers > Search automatically for updated driver software > search for updated drivers on windows update.

and than there should come a new windows update

and also do: Device manager > Mixed Reality devices > (your headset) > power management > and turn of ( allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

afther i did this the headset worked without problems. ill let you guys know if i get a blackscreen again otherwise this worked for me :)

• @ianneder2 said:
    i think i found the solution but im not 100% sure.

this is what i did:
    Go to Device manager > Mixed Reality devices > (your headset) > Drivers > Update Drivers > Search automatically for updated driver software > search for updated drivers on windows update.

and than there should come a new windows update

and also do: Device manager > Mixed Reality devices > (your headset) > power management > and turn of ( allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

afther i did this the headset worked without problems. ill let you guys know if i get a blackscreen again otherwise this worked for me :)

Sorry to bother but did your method fully solve the black screen problem?

• I believe the problem is solved by updating to the latest version of Windows 10 Professional namely April 2019 update Version 1903 and os build 18362 or above run the "winver" command to see the current version running