Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Holographic Arcade on the store

Hey everyone, I just released Holographic Arcade on the HoloLens store. It is currently a fairly simple game similar to Breakout, but I have plans to expand it in the not too distant future. If anyone has any feedback let me know! I will be updating the game regularly so suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• Tried it this morning and I like where you're headed. Here's my feedback.

- adding free trial time might get you more users and more feedback.
    - the game space felt very close and claustrophobic. I'd recommend asking the user to pin something to the wall, then extending the game space back into the wall. That'd be more comfortable and feel really cool
    - it wasn't clear to me that the user needs to hold their hands up to hit the ball back
    - wondering if head or body as paddle might be more comfortable and intuitive.

Congrats on making it to the store, can't wait to see where this goes!

-Matt
  • edited June 2016

Hmm, I don't see it in the store. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edit: I can find it by searching for it, but I cant find any way of browsing to it through the "top windows apps" or "Top Windows Games" tabs. Is there a place to scroll through all apps that have been developed specifically for Hololens?

• ahillierahillier mod
    edited June 2016

@JacobErvin,
    The main 'Made for HoloLens' page is only updated with new apps once per week (unfortunately, it's not an automated process), so if an app comes in a little later, it won't show up on the front page until the following week.

• I will be pushing out an updated version shortly. Thanks @DeckTwelve for the feedback! I am making the paddle favor following the body more, so it will only follow your hand while you are holding an airtap. I also like the idea of pinning it to a wall in order for the user to better control where they want to play the game, so I will investigate that in later updates.
    Additionally there is a simple menu in the next update which will let you choose difficulties which start the game at later levels as well as display your high score.

• what a great idea, I really like it! pretty simple right now but there's a lot of cool things that can be done with this, I am looking to see what else you make in the future..