Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to play local VR videos with MR headsets

Dell Visor MR headset
KMplayer
.mkv video

I just want to know how to achieve MR while I'm playing local VR videos. I googled, but there're only few of results for watching online videos on YouTube.

Answers

• JayZuoJayZuo mod
    edited April 2018

You can use Movies & TV app to play local 360 videos.

Open Movies & TV in MR headset, select the vidoe you want to play and then click Play as 360° video button.

That's all. Enjoy!

• I have hundreds and hundreds of 360 videos on my hard drive. I go into windows mixed reality home - desktop - file explorer - doubleclick the 360 video taken with my samsung gear 360 and all it does it play it in Movies & TV on the desktop as a 360 video - it is NOT opening it as a 360 video inside WMR portal.

I can not be the only person who is having this issues - and frankly a plugin for edge is STUPID. Anyone with a 360 camera is going to have the videos ON THEIR HARD DRIVE - not on youtube or anywhere else - we want FULL PIXEL QUALITY....

Too much focus on the damned cloud and not enough on HARD DRIVES....COMe ON!!!

• JayZuoJayZuo mod
    edited June 2018

Hi jpschubertjpschubert,

To view 360 video, please do not use Desktop app. Instead:

1. From your mixed reality home, press the Windows button on your controller to launch the Start menu.
    2. Select File Explorer (you may need to press All Apps).
    3. Select the video you want to play.
    4. In the popup, select Movies & TV to open the video.
    5. If needed, click Play as 360° video button to launch the immersive view.
  • Ridiculously circuitous.

• Can I ask a simple question - What ONE - count them MS stupid fucks - ONE technology do you think with drive the - come over and watch our family movies - you know VCR, BETA, Digital all shot with a $1000.00 fucking camera - GENRE - do you think will launch us into MASS ADOPTION - Stupid fucking candy crush - one hit wonder - Millennial moron shit - or - 50 years come over and watch IN FUCKING VR our 3d 8k videos - WHICH ONE FUCKING WORKED????????????

GET A FUCKING CLUE - LOCAL STORAGE IS THE ONLY FUCKING OPTION HERE - GOD FUCKING DAMN - BUILD IT RIGHT THE FUCK IN - YOU KNOW - LIKE CONCEPTS LIKE - **CLICKING - ICONS - PRRRRROGAMS - HARD DRIVES - SHIT LIKE THAT - Fuck you and your cloud and new ideas -

I, and everyone else think searching the store to find and app to OPEN all of the fucking 360 videos for an "app" to open it with is MILLENNIALY FUCKING STUPID -
    **Point and fucking click***

WHAT THE FUCK????!!!!