Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Mixed Reality 250 - No session available for one HoloLens to join

I have the same question as this post right here; this is my last week of a university internship I'm completing, as that's the reason why I've been spreading this post all over the place. It's more to show at least something to my boss for them to consider later on when another intern comes in for this spring by the time I leave on Friday.

In the Mixed Reality 250 tutorial, I'm stuck with having one HoloLens join the session that the other HoloLens is currently hosting. The selectable widget in the UIContainer prefab that has the information on the hosted session is missing.

All the necessary steps have been followed, and for now I'm using USB to deploy the Visual Studio solution after building it from a Unity project. As someone wrote in another post I made a week ago, it doesn't matter how the software itself is deployed; it's the software itself that determines how two or more HoloLens headsets will share holograms among one another.

They are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. On One HoloLens, upon deployment by USB and starting it up [by selecting Start without Debugging in the Debug menu on Visual Studio 2017], I gaze over to the Start button, then I do an air tap gesture on it to host a session. As expected, the demo hologram does show up in front of me, and when I do an air tap with the cursor on it, I can move it around with my gaze and see the triangles from spatial mapping.

On the other HoloLens, I deploy it by USB and start it up by clicking on [Start without Debugging]. The app does load, except I don't see an option for the hosted session the other HoloLens is running in the Available Sessions list. Even the Join button underneath it has the text completely gray.

I don't understand why the client HoloLens does not see the hosted session I want to join, even if it's on the same network. My two workmates told me that it may have to do with the network itself, but I'm not exactly sure. There may be something that has to do with the HoloLens headsets themselves, or my laptop I'm trying to deploy the solution from. Someone told me further on that I may need a router, but I don't know if that solves the root of the problem I'm trying to identify to avoid problematic situations related to it arise again in the actual project I'm doing.

I followed the steps of the setup as is.

Versions of Windows Holographic on both HoloLens headsets are 10.0.14393.2007 and 10.0.14393.448. I don't know if updating the versions to the latest would make a difference; what are the changes there?

The end goal here is to see if following Mixed Reality 250 can be useful for a project under an NDA where we wanted to deploy it to the HoloLens and enable Spectator View.