The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
SpatialMappgin won't create planes.
In Unity on my project I can't get the Surface Meshes To Planes to work, the Spatial Mapping scans the room, the script SurfaceMeshesToPlanes creates an "SurfacePlanes" GameObject, but it is always empty. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it is some bug.
- Unity version: 2017.2.0f3
- MRT version: 2017.2.1.4
How to reproduce the problem.
- Create new project, select the Spatial Percetion in publishing settings.
- Add HoloLens Camera, InputManager and GazeManager prefabs.
- Add SpatialMapping prefab.
- Add SurfaceMeshesToPlanes to SpatialMapping GameObject
- Drag the "SurfacePlanes" prefab into field "Surface Plane Prefab"
- Build and deploy to hololens.