We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Announcing HoloLens Preview 17720
Hi HoloLens Insiders,
Today we are releasing a new RS5 build for HoloLens, 17720, with lots of new features and fixes from the past several weeks.
You can now project to a Miracast-enabled TV or computer directly from your HoloLens, so others can see your mixed reality experience by selecting Connect on the Start menu. We’ve also made some upgrades to the mixed reality capture capabilities to support CameraCaptureUI from apps as well as additional file formats.
HoloLens now supports notification toasts from apps. These will appear even if the app isn’t running in your space.
There are new visuals for the HoloLens boot up sequence to show progress during the boot process, and visual overlays for volume adjustment.
We’ve also added support for using system dialogs such as the file picker and on-screen keyboard seamlessly without leaving an Immersive application, the new Quick Actions menu which allows easy access to Photo, Video, Connect, and more from within immersive apps, and support for sharing to nearby devices in the share dialog.
Fixed in this build
- We fixed a previous issue that caused Edge to crash on launch.
- We enabled the ability to set auto-sign-in on devices using an AAD.
- We’re investigating an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- Sometime notification toasts appear as a gray box. You can disable notifications to hide this if it happens.
- The Share dialog fails to load available apps to share to on this build.
- We’re investigating an issue where after toggling the Bluetooth radio off in Settings, you might not be able to turn it back on.
- Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, “Hey Cortana.”
Please use the Feedback Hub to log any bugs that you encounter while trying out this build as well as reaching out on the forums about questions.