We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Mixed Reality Toolkit - Unity 2017.4.1.0 Released
It's been a while, but MRTK 2017.4.1.0 is now available on GitHub! This release contains bug fixes and new features for your HoloLens and immersive device applications.
For complete release notes, please see https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/releases/tag/2017.4.1.0
(Some of) What's New
- (#2228) In Between Solver that keeps an object between two tracked objects/transforms
- (#2314) Better example for custom Icons for AppBar
- (#2327) Spectator View multilens support [preview]
- (#2343) Make the CompoundButtonSpeech.cs available and add CompoundButtonEventTrigger.cs to attach an event to the keyword recognized through speech
- (#2403) Add inscribed rectangle to BoundaryManager
- (#2467) Add "Add the Spatial Mapping Prefab" to the scene configuration window
- (#1867) Spectator View (share holograms with HoloLens and iOS devices)
- (#2327) Spectator View multilens support
Import HoloToolkit-Unity-Preview-2017.4.1.0.unitypackage to include SpectatorView in your project.