WorldAnchor in Spatial Mapping

Hi all, I'm new to HoloLens application developing, and I have a few questions regarding the WorldAnchor used in spatial mapping.

I'm interested in developing an app which maps texture onto the spatial mapping mesh using the HoloLens' camera. But to achieve this, I will first need to know the position/co-ordinate of each of the spatial mesh (I believe they're called meshFilter?) As far as I know, these meshFilter all have a unique WorldAnchor associated with them.

My question is, is there a way to identify these anchors using position/co-ordinate? Or even finding the closest anchor given a co-ordinate would be helpful. Currently I think the anchors are identified by an ID, and has no information about this anchor's position relative to the physical world.

But if there is no co-ordinate information of the physical world associated with each anchor, how does HoloLens anchor holograms internally?

Thank you

Best Answer

• BokuBoku
    Accepted Answer

I realised that the co-ordinate information is actually stored in mesh, and no within WorldAnchors.

Closed.

Answers

• BokuBoku
    Accepted Answer

I realised that the co-ordinate information is actually stored in mesh, and no within WorldAnchors.

Closed.