Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

when i install app to hololens, a error occured ,how could i fixed this issue?

Installation Failed
Failure reason: Windows cannot install package DigitalAssistant_2.3.5.0_x86__2mf2khke34412 because this package depends on a framework that could not be found. Provide the framework "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" published by "CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US", with neutral or x86 processor architecture and minimum version 1.1.26702.0, along with this package to install. The frameworks with name "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1" currently installed are: {Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.25915.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe} Failure text: Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (0x80073cf3)

Answers

• Hi,

I had the same error with my UWP desktop application, but I understood why and fixed it.
    I have 2 computers with the same source code and the error occurs in the second computer.

The first computer has :

• Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.1)
    • The Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.25915.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe key is found in Windows registry when I search the key "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1"
    • The UWP package generated has in folder Dependencies[Platform]\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx with version 1.1.25915.0

The second computer has :

• Visual Studio 2017 (15.8.2)
    • The Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.25915.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe key is found in Windows registry when I search the key "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1"
    • The UWP package generated has in folder Dependencies[Platform]\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx with version 1.1.26702.0

WARNING: In the 2 packages the file Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx has the same size but the content is different. To check the version of the "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx" in the package, copy the file to another folder, rename the copied file to "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx.zip", extract the files in a folder and open the file AppxManifest.xml to see the "Version".

The first time I installed the application in my second computer, I launched the PowerShell file "Add-AppDevPackage.ps1" (Right mouse clic and launch with PowerShell). After to update the application, I launch my updater tool, a C# .Net framework program wich uses the class PackageManager to install the file [ApplicationName]_1.0.XX.0_x86_Release.appx. But when this file is directly launched, the dependencies are NOT checked and NOT installed. So the program generate an error because the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.26702.0 is NOT installed.

The solution :

Now, my C# updater tool launch directly the PowerShell file with the switch parameter "Force" to "true" (SwitchParameter switchParameter = true) to skip the "pause" in the PowerShell file.
    By launching the PowerShell file, now all the dependencies are installed and the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.26702.0 is automaticaly installed and I can found Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.26702.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe now in the Windows registry.

I have not try for Hololens but I think you just need once to "Add dependencies for the app you are going to install." as you can see in the documentation : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/using_the_windows_device_portal

Have you the same error when you deploy with the dependencies ?

Regards.
    Christophe.

• @Christophe_DELOUCHE said:
    Hi,

I had the same error with my UWP desktop application, but I understood why and fixed it.
    I have 2 computers with the same source code and the error occurs in the second computer.

The first computer has :

• Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.1)
    • The UWP package generated has in folder Dependencies[Platform]\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx with version 1.1.25915.0

The second computer has :

• Visual Studio 2017 (15.8.2)
    • The UWP package generated has in folder Dependencies[Platform]\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx with version 1.1.26702.0

WARNING: In the 2 packages the file Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx has the same size but the content is different. To check the version of the "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx" in the package, copy the file to another folder, rename the copied file to "Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.appx.zip", extract the files in a folder and open the file AppxManifest.xml to see the "Version".

The first time I installed the application in my second computer, I launched the PowerShell file "Add-AppDevPackage.ps1" (Right mouse clic and launch with PowerShell). After to update the application, I launch my updater tool, a C# .Net framework program wich uses the class PackageManager to install the file [ApplicationName]_1.0.XX.0_x86_Release.appx. But when this file is directly launched, the dependencies are NOT checked and NOT installed. So the program generate an error because the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.26702.0 is NOT installed.

The solution :

Now, my C# updater tool launch directly the PowerShell file with the switch parameter "Force" to "true" (SwitchParameter switchParameter = true) to skip the "pause" in the PowerShell file.
    By launching the PowerShell file, now all the dependencies are installed and the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.26702.0 is automaticaly installed and I can found Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1_1.1.26702.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe now in the Windows registry.

I have not try for Hololens but I think you just need once to "Add dependencies for the app you are going to install." as you can see in the documentation : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/using_the_windows_device_portal

Have you the same error when you deploy with the dependencies ?

Regards.
    Christophe.

hi Christophe_DELOUCHE :smile:
    it worked when i update the vs from 15.8.1 to 15.8.2. I guess the previous viersion error caused by .mainfest file. it can not repalce the coretime that hololens has been installed. on pc you can double click to install a new coreruntime version,but in hololens it not work. Luckly,it worked now .

• Hello,
    I have exactly the same error at the moment with VS 15.8.4 and Hololens RS4.

The device portal "Deploy or Install Application" can't find the correct Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.1.26702.0 version which I added as framework during the installation process. I unzippd die CoreRuntime.appx and in the manifest stands v 1.126702.0
    But it can't find the dependency, although it is selected inside the framework dialog. The same error happened without selecting the framework appx. It is ignoring the selected files...

Do you have any further ideas?

• Switching to ILL2CPP Scripting backend seems to bypass the issue, because atfer that there are no dependencies.