Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Cannot set field of view on this camera while VR is enabled.

Dear HoloLens Community!

I´m currently developing an application with Unity and Vuforia for the HoloLens. The application is working in the Unity Editor just as I expected, nevertheless, the app is not working after deploying it on the HoloLens.

In Visual Studio, I get the error "Cannot set field of view on this camera while VR is enabled." multiple times until I stop the app again. The FOV which is set int the Inspector of the ARCamera is 60 and Near is 0.3 and Far is 1000. I am not trying to set the field of view directly in my code so this error confuses me. Furthermore, the HoloLens seems to recognize the Vuforia Image Target but no objects are shown (not even simple 3D objects which I have put as children into the Image Target). The HoloLens only renders a grid (similar to the grid in the Unity Scene mode) which should not be there either.

An earlier version of my project is still working fine on the HoloLens and I already compared all settings I could think of (Build and Player Settings, ARCamera, Image Target, Vuforia Configuration) of the earlier working version with my current not working version and they are the same.

I am struggling now for plenty of time with this error and unfortunately, I can´t wrap my head around it. I am not sure if the problem has got something to do with Vuforia and Unity or with the HoloLens

I would be really grateful if anybody could give me advice on how to proceed now and if further information is needed to solve this problem, I will of course try to provide it!

Best regards~

P.S.: The following is a snippet of the output in my Visual Studio Console when running the broken application.

UnloadTime: 5.496400 ms

Compiled for WSA

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/Metro/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Detected WindowsMR device present

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\artifacts/generated/Metro/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Camera/Camera.cpp Line: 3719)

On_Open: WebSocket connection established.

Vuforia initialization successful

Found Trackable named chips with id 1

StartVuforia

Setting frame rate to 29fps

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.

Thread -> id: 1b4 -> priority: 1

StopVuforia

The thread 0x10ac has exited with code 0 (0x0).
StartVuforia

StopVuforia

StartVuforia

Tagged: