Hello everyone.

We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.

On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.

So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

The endpoint of my azure APIs (TranslatorText, ComputerVision) is not accessible

I followed the Hololens Tutorials provided by Microsoft and encountered some problems regarding Azure services in 301 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/mr-azure-301#chapter-4--setup-debug-canvas) and 302 (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/mr-azure-302). I think the problem has something to do with the endpoint, because the error code 404 appears when checking https://westeurope.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/.

I use the Hololens first generation, Unity 2017.4.27f1, HoloToolkit-Unity-Examples-2017.4.3.0 and Visual Studio Community 2017. I've tried some of the Hololens tutorials, which all worked fine with these versions. My code is the one provided by Microsoft for the Tutorials 301 and 302. I've changed the location in Azure from 'global' to 'Western Europe' by creating a new ressource group and have now https://westeurope.api.cognitive.microsoft.com/ as my endpoint, I also created new authentification keys for the APIs and updated them in my code.

I inserted the first key of the respective API (Translator Text, Computer Vision).

I expected the output to be like the examples in the tutorials, but instead I got the same GUI results without any updates. In 301 I could see the same screen, but the text field 'You just said' and the 'Translation' never updated when I spoke. In 302 I could airtap and make a screenshot and could see at first 'Analyzing' and later on 'I see:' but without any results of detected objects. So it seems to me, that the Azure APIs services can't be contacted and I don't get any analysis data in return (probably you notice, that I'm quite new to the whole topic, so maybe my assumption is wrong).

Sign In or Register to comment.