We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Can not deploy app correctly in Hololens
In general, steps fo deploying one uwp app are as follows (deployed in Holoens):
1. Compile correctly in VS/Unity.
2. Build in Unity with setting (uwp platform, proper version of sdk and so on).
3. BTW, remeber to make a right setting in Edit - Project Setting - Player - XR and Publishing Settings.
4. After building in Unity, generating a .sln file in a new folder (such as App or sth like that). Actually after building, u could see two new folders: one is App (or you could rename this new folders) and another is UWP.
5. Aimed at Hololens1, we should choose x86 platform, master and remote device (rmb to write the right ip address), btw if hololens2, it should be arm.
Actually I go smoothly in all those above steps. And transferring the uwp app (around 420MB) into Hololens1. Guess what? there is nothing in the screen. Although, according to one website whick is linked to hololens1 (just input: https.ip address in the browser), the app really runs. Howeverk, I did not see anything in the screen of Hololens1. And the most confusing thing is, even, there is not occurring "Made with Unity". As we all know that generally, there is ocurring "Made with Unity" sign before you using this app. I tried almost what I could try, I still did not fix this problem. Meanwhile, there is limited reports and information in Stackoverflow, Google, Github and some other websites.