Augmented Reality with 3-D Object Measurement
We have extracted the vertex points from the spatial mapping data of our office floor and exported them to our own software (middleware) for point cloud processing:
We have found that the structure of point cloud is based on an 8x8x8-tree.
- 1 block = 8' x 8' x 8' = 8 brick x 8 brick x 8 brick
- 1 brick = 1' x 1' x 1' = 8 voxel x 8 voxel x 8 voxel
- 1 voxel = 1/8' x 1/8' x 1/8'.
What we will be doing is to display a pin-up poster onto a virtual screen in a cylindrical room corner as below:
For this purpose, we have to know accurately the radius, length, position, and orientation of the real object cylinder. The results of the cylinder fitting are shown below:
The next steps are:
1. Impelementation of the procedure to HoloLens
2. Mapping & displaying a pin-up poster onto the virtual cylindrical screen
3. Rendering the wireframe cylinder, if neccessary.
A gazing point of HoloLens will the pin-up position.
We use DirectX.