We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Capabilities of Hololens2 API for network field engineer
I'm working for a company which involved in the development of solutions for telecommunications company.
And we are interested in Hololens2 for our network field engineers in Data Center.
I've reviewed API documentation, but didn't find particular information for our purposes.
So, I need to understand API's capabilities for the next purposes:
1. Get data from remote server and mark (display on screen) particular rack's device as AR label (status, text, warning, alert etc.)
2. Remember and save data to a remote server
3. Real-time updating device information between Hololens2 and remote server
4. Assistance in navigation around DC(data center) basing on inventory data and respective markers in DC
5. Recognition of devices in Rack based on QR codes/markers and enrichment of on-screen information with device data store in inventory
6. Scanning of QR/Bar codes to serialize devices/assets
7. Operator interaction with information on device (details, status change)
8. Creation of photos/3D images of racks/devices and their upload to the backed server
Could somebody tell me if Hololens2 API provides such capabilities?
If I've mistaken with the channel, tell me an appropriate channel for my questions.
Thank you all!