The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Bud - make a new friend.
I thought I'd share my Hololens application I've started developing. After participating in the Los Angeles Hololens hackathon, I was so enamored with the device that I had to order one. I'm making a holographic companion app.
- dynamic navigation mesh generation based on spatial mapping data/plane generation
- the pet can be configured to navigate around non-planar mesh objects or ignore them (better for small cluttered apartments like mine!)
- custom voice commands based on the name you choose for your new friend
- (planned) have your pet learn new commands as you spend more time with him or her
- (planned) choose from one of two different pets, which both have different personalities
- (planned) have meaningful interactions like throwing toys, setting out items, or labeling certain areas in your environment to use
I may do an alpha release in the store so people can test out the AI pathing in their homes and see where your pet can roam, if there's interest. Thanks for looking!