The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
The documentation for this service is not great. Could someone possibly give basic steps or guidelines on how to proceed? I have gone through Holographic Academy 240 but still no output.
Here's what I have been doing:
- Downloaded the HoloToolkit Unity from Github
- Opened the project in Unity
- Opened the test Sharing scene
- Launched the LaunchSharingService
- Typed the IP of the server with port in SharingStage (should I use localhost on server machine? I am currently using the local LAN IP which gets assigned)
- Ran the scene in Unity
- Deployed app to Hololens but somehow I still don't see any output
The LaunchSharingService says received message but no handler registered for the machine running the server