Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Project: Holo Stealth

DanglingNeuronDanglingNeuron ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Projects

So as my second project, I am going to do a stealth / maze game.

It will be third person view of a Lab where the main character (agent) has to steal tech from. Evade guards and escape to the exit. There will be some traps, sensors, alarms and gun fire.

This prototype will explore:

1. Path Finding
  2. Hologram sharing for two agents working together
  3. Gaze, Gesture, Voice commands as usual

As before, it will be a 4 week project. May the Force be with me!

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

Comments

• Sounds exciting! Are you blogging the dev experience?

• Yes, similar to HoloTankz , i will try to keep uploading videos and commentary on this thread as I make progress.

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Cool, look forward to seeing how it shapes out. Stealth games are my favorite!

• @Jarrod1937 Ye, how far did you go with yours.. what did you use for path finding?

I'm slowly making progress in my spare time. The mechanics are much more complicated to get it to work full scale, as opposed to a table top game. Even good examples like Fragments sort of just has the characters interacting in a box, so to speak. If you're up for the challenge it would be cool to see another full environment stealth game.
    I've been using Simply A* Path Finding (search the asset store), it doesn't use any external DLL's and seems to work with the Hololens. If you're doing a full, non-table top game, I can help with some key points in using it. The most non-obvious to me was that I needed the generation to be below the ceiling... Otherwise it factors the ceiling into the path finding.

• I am working on a floor game you could say.. bigger than the table top HoloTankz.. but no I am not planning the full spatial mapped stuff like you are doing.. my interest is more in Hologram sharing and multiplayer at the moment. Since there is no app with that right now in the store and the HoloToolkit solution is not really a production ready or store publishable solution. So i am trying to be the first to do that :)

Yes, a multiplayer app would be very cool. I agree, the HoloToolKit is more of a starting point for us devs. I think it should be possible to use the built-in Unity networking, it allows for the sending of generic data between two systems.