Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Order invitations

Comments

• Options
    When when wil it come to Asia
  • Options

@dan said:

We've been excited to see the international interest thus far and we will definitely share once we have more info!

• Options

6 week no order Link. Hello, Microsoft !

• Options

I am from Wave 1 and got my order link. I tried to purchase the device many times via the store and the form just keep resetting.

Its really annoying.

Theres absolutely no error and the reps at microsoft cannot take my order by phone since it needs to be bought online. Ive tried with Chrome, firefox and safari with always the same result from home and from my office. I am in Quebec, Canada with no VPN. What am I doing wrong?

I fear I will lose my 10 days window to buy the device =(

markval.com - All around Digital

• Options

@markval Sorry we missed this yesterday - can you send me a private message with the email we can reach you at please? We'll look into this immediately.

• Options

@CoreyGoff said:

@dan said:

We've been excited to see the international interest thus far and we will definitely share once we have more info!

thx goff

• Options

@markval We reached out to you via email, let us know how we can help you!

• Options

Could anyone let me know what is the current wave Microsoft is working on?

• Options

@ghostship said:

The online FAQ mentions that Wave 1 is the wave that is now being served.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

Go here.... https://holotechinfo.com/Survey It will tell you what wave you are in and whether you have been invited to purchase yet. So I am in Wave 1 yet I was told I have not been invited to purchase yet. Just as long as I don't miss my spot in line... so the above link helped me out.

• Options

@ghostship said:

I'm in wave 1 and got the purchase invite early this week.

• Options

@elmer said:

@ghostship said:

I'm in wave 1 and got the purchase invite early this week.

Thanks. I am in wave 4 and it looks like I need to wait for at least 4 months....

• Options

@Vanessa said:
    @markval We reached out to you via email, let us know how we can help you!

Thank you for fixing the problem! For anyone else who happens to have a page that refresh when ordering, validate that your @hotmail.com personal information is the same as the information you put in your order form.

markval.com - All around Digital

• Options

Hello, I need assistance please. I am in approved and in Wave 1; when I login into the hololentechinfo.com site, it says I should have gotten my invite to order yesterday. I am using a web address that forwards to outlook.com and I am not seeing the email in my inbox/junk/spam/deleted. I called 1-866-425-4709 and picked option #3, it said to hold, beeped for about 30 seconds and hangs up (not good). I did this four times with hang-ups each time. I have an open hololens tech ticket and he nice gentleman also got the same result. Additionally, I called 1-866-425-4709 and option #2 and the lady I spoke with was not able to assist and didn't understand the "waves" and approval workflow. Is there anyone who can assist me? Thank you!

• Options

Hello @bherald1965 - emailing you now. Vanessa

• Options

Thank you Vanessa and everyone else that helped. I just placed the order. Cheers, Bill

• Options

I just received my shipping information after ordering it on Monday. It is coming from China and should be here by Friday. It's going to be a busy weekend :smile:

• Options

@Vanessa I just received my email for purchasing the Hololens, but when i follow the link and enter my email address, i get the following message. Any help would be appreciated!

• Options

My orders were shipped out but its too delay to receive

• Options

@johnHenry said:
    The wording of "Each wave will ship over the period of two to three months" is ambiguous to me, and a bit unclear. Is the case that wave 1 will ship for two to three months, and then wave two will also ship for two to three months after the first wave? Or will each wave ship through the same two to three month period.

Example:
    Wave 1 March 30th-June
    Wave 2 June-September
    Wave 3 September-December
    etc.

Just want to follow up on this question as I have not been able to find an answer. Understanding approximately when Wave 3 will be available for purchase is important for budgeting purposes. If any more details could be provided, that would be most helpful.

Thanks!

• Options

@DocStrange Your schedule looks roughly correct, based on what I've seen. Wave 1 folks are receiving their HL's right now. I received mine last week, yet I know there are still some Wave 1 folks who haven't been invited to purchase theirs yet. In other words, the rollout for Wave 1 has taken 5 weeks thus far. Seems like many of the invitations go out on Mondays, by the way.

• Options

Site says I should have received an invite on 3/28. However, I've been checking the site at least once a week and this is the first I've seen of it. I've checked my inbox/spam/etc and nothing. Sent a request via contact form and just received a form letter. Can someone look into this for me?

• Options

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay in getting back to you,

@pdlipman, please reach out to msstoreis@microsoft.com and CC me in your email (vanesa@microsoft.com) - I assume you're trying to log in with the MSA indicated in that email correct?

@TonyChampion - if you contacted us via our Contact Us form, perhaps my colleague Julie has already helped you and solved this? If not, we'll look into it today.

thanks!

• Options

@Vanessa Nope. Just got a form letter response today. Not sure if another follow up is coming or not.

• Options

@Vanessa I receieved my order email today, I clicked on it, and got an email back saying the link will expire in 48 hours. I want to make the purchase on thursday, but worried that the link would be out of date by then, am I ok on that?

• Options
    Wave 2 orders have begun
  • Options

Hello @filharvey - yes don't worry. To clarify, you have the email from us, where we tell you to authenticate through the store (step 1).
    When you go there, your authentication triggers that 48h email you received from the store (step 2).
    If you want to buy on Thursday, all you would need to do is to restart from step 1 (and re-authenticate yourself on the store, which will regenerate that 48h link).
    Hope this helps!
    Vanessa

• Options

@Vanessa thanks, yes that is the email I have, just worried that the 48h was for the whole process.

• Options
    VanessaVanessa admin
    edited May 2016

:) you have 10 days to purchase, but do ping me if you need anything!

• Options

Hi,
    When will you start shipping for Europe?