Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Holo Shipped!!!

AlexGAlexG
edited March 2016 in Questions And Answers

My Holo is on the way!!! Great way to start a day!

Just got an email with shipment notification!
Anyone else?

Comments

• Options

i think you are the only one who was able to order lol

• Options

Based on survey posted before - I am one out of two :)

• Options

You lucky ..... ;) Have fun man.. and make awesome things!

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Options

And you are getting 2.. wow.. I am coming over to Issaquah .. lol

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Options

:)

• Options
    BryanBryan ✭✭✭

Lucky! You may get to play with it before the SDK is even released!

• Options

Thought about it already... Also it might arrive next week when I will be out of town to the BUILD...

• Options

Meanwhile, the rest of the angry developers invited on wave 1 are gathering outside of the MS HQ in Redmond, to torch the whole place to the foundations! :D

• Options

The "place" is quite big for that :)

• Options

I got my notice also, however they have not taken the money out of my bank account yet and the FedEx tracking number is not recognized by FedEx yet...

• Options

@ADefWebserver said:
    I got my notice also, however they have not taken the money out of my bank account yet and the FedEx tracking number is not recognized by FedEx yet...

In my case transaction was posted but fedex tracking also not recognized by FedEx yet.

@ADefWebserver -- long time, how do you do?

• Options

Latest update. I got a phone call saying the email was sent in error :(
    @AlexG - Go Silverlight! :)

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

@AlexG said:
    My Holo is on the way!!! Great way to start a day!

Just got an email with shipment notification!
    Anyone else?

Sugar on Flapjacks, what did you write in your application for a HoloLens @AlexG?

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

I don't think they will ship in time.

• Options

I just received an email from Vanessa Arnauld (MS rep), basically stating two things: 1-I have not missed the purchase link. 2-They have planned to release the HL dev kits in a period of 2 ~ 3 months depending on availability. I think that confirms a comment made in other thread speculating MS is building these things by hand, one at a time. It's quite sad, because every single manufacturer of VR stuff ($ony, Oculus, etc) are releasing, or plans to release to the public, their devices in short time, and we, the developers who have planned to invest time (and in many cases, money) on the MS product, we are losing the momentum. I hope MS can push the warp-speed button this week.

• Options

As has been stated elsewhere, the first units of Wave 1 will ship 3/30. We will continue to invite Wave 1 developers to order over the 2-3 months after that, and will ship units as they are ordered. If you haven't received your invitation yet, Don't Panic. :) Subsequent waves will operate in the same manner... When wave 2 begins, we will not send invitations to every wave 2 developer on the same day. The invitations will be staged throughout the wave, to minimize the time between your order and delivery.

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

@bernieSF , stating the obvious but HoloLens isn't VR, while the Meta 2 and Magic Leap -- the other two big AR vendors -- aren't dropping anything in this time frame. The DAQRI smart helmet may be shipping in this time frame, so that's always an option.

I'm a bit disappointed too, but I think we already knew that the 1st wave would take 2-3 months to deliver all devices, so maybe having to wait to order doesn't really alter that timeline at all.

Just trying to put a positive spin on it. I feel your pain, man. I really do.

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options
    marty80marty80
    edited March 2016

So jealous. For some reason, HoloLens doesn't have Australia on their map. To help find other countries (other than the US and Canada) to ship the magical HoloLens to, please find this world map:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_map

Still waiting with much anticipation.

• Options

Have there been other wave 1'ers who have not received their ordering link yet?

• Options

Almost everybody on wave 1 have not their purchase links yet @hololens123

• Options
    mr0ngmr0ng ✭✭

I still have not received my purchase link. I'm hoping for today, since the announcement at Build. Maybe wishful thinking.