Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloCell Eukaryo App

Hi All,

I would like to share our HoloLens work "HoloCell Eukaryo":
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/holocell-eukaryo/9nblggh4tpxb
Have been showing this App several times internally to our University's Medical School and they are very exciting about implementing HoloLens in their field. Currently we are moving forward to explore an implementation of HoloLens for Oncology field such as Cancer simulation and Medication visualization. We really hope someday in the near future, Hololens can be widely used for Medical, Healthcare and Oncology field.

Cheers,

Comments

• Cool

Healthcare IT professional by day - Indie GameDev for UWP and mobile platforms by night

• Thanks DanglingNeuron ^^

@DanglingNeuron said:
    Cool

• Excellent app
  • Nice work. Thank you for sharing! These are the types of applications that will be great to showcase. I was able to get through part of the tutorial but for some reason the app crashes when I pull up information on an organelle. I did manage to skip through the tutorial and was able to rotate the cell, make it bigger or smaller and pull up some information.
    Happy to help debug. I'm also a Biochemist working in Pharma and can offer some scientific feedback. This would be a great demo to show as well!

• Thank you for your support Hololens77

@Hololens77 said:
    Excellent app

• Thank you for your support DocStrange and really appreciate your feedback. Could you please describe more detail about the crash? Did it happen on "Labels" session or "Tell Me More" session? I would be very happy to trace back my project to find the root problem. Our lab will be very happy as well to collaborate with Pharma industry. Please let me know how to make it happen.

@DocStrange said:
    Nice work. Thank you for sharing! These are the types of applications that will be great to showcase. I was able to get through part of the tutorial but for some reason the app crashes when I pull up information on an organelle. I did manage to skip through the tutorial and was able to rotate the cell, make it bigger or smaller and pull up some information.
    Happy to help debug. I'm also a Biochemist working in Pharma and can offer some scientific feedback. This would be a great demo to show as well!

• @mARkus ,

Most of the time app crashes,

1. When I click "Skip" tutorial and trying to Rotate or Select.
    2. After completing the tutorial and trying to Rotate or Select with.
  • Thanks for your feedback HoloLens77. I found the root problem already, still working on it and will upload the fixed version asap.

@Hololens77 said:
    @mARkus ,

Most of the time app crashes,

1. When I click "Skip" tutorial and trying to Rotate or Select.
    2. After completing the tutorial and trying to Rotate or Select with.
  • mARkusmARkus
    edited September 2016

Hi All,

This is the video of our HoloCell Eukaryo app:
    https://youtu.be/T7hW17bHP-U
    We still working on the bugs and will release the fixed version as soon as possible.
    Thank you and have a nice day all.

Cheers,

• just tried, and its crashed.
    1. crashed after guide when i try to rotate cell
    2. crashed after i skip the guide try to rotate cell

But it is the Cell looks very cool!

• Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and support.
    We're in the middle of resubmitting the fixed version.
    Hopefully it will be released asap.

Cheers,

@Joe_R said:
    just tried, and its crashed.
    1. crashed after guide when i try to rotate cell
    2. crashed after i skip the guide try to rotate cell

But it is the Cell looks very cool!

• Hi All,

Just wanna let you know that I already uploaded the latest version of HoloCell. The crash problems should be fixed. Would love to hear your feedback and kindly inform me if you find any other problems or bugs.

Thanks and have a great day all.

• just tried. seems like even u do not need to gaze on it, just move your hand, and it will rotate.
    no crash, but less context.

• Very nice app. I am developing a HoloLens app myself and are using panels with text just like you. Your panels look very nice. Could you share which asset you have used (asset store), or have you designed them yourself? I would like to have something similar.