Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Grasphical Interface may be the Next UI

For thousands of years, we created small tools to heavy moving machineries for manipulating, moving or handling of the things. In the AR world, we will be creating amazing things, big and small, fantasy to real virtual products. How will we manipulate them?

There is no precedent or any guidance in any time. Even our fantasy sci-fi TV and movies dealt every thing on 2D monitors.

I believe the Grasphical Interface will slowly evolve to manipulate all these digital virtual objects. I am not talking about holding a toy car in hand or Using virtual tools like virtual spanners/screw drivers which will be used for the training or maintenance manuals.

I am talking about manipulating a real size virtual car in the shop floor or on drive way or in the middle of the living room. For every different kind of objects ( ship or concrete slabs) we will not be creating different tools in the virtual world. It will not be efficient. Voice commands will not work and every one does not like them. In the work/office environment shouting is not going to work at all.

I believe the Grasphical interface will be different than NUI. The Jarvis UI can work in movies for a few minute frames but not good for day-in and day out activities.

This is an amazing time to run the imagination

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016

After watching a netflix movie via hololens, wondered if I'd ever again buy a hi def monitor.

Thus ...

1). It's going to drive a technology shift away from expensive, fixed position, heavy viewing devices, to light, wearable viewing devices.

If you bring up the holo anatomy app, you'd have to wonder why you wouldn't want to use something like this during your next discussion with your doc.

And your doc/nurse will wonder why they'd ever want to use a table computer, when they can do all data entry with voice, and keep their hands free.

With the most recent updates that allow easy pairing to a PC for heavy lifting, this all will start coming faster.

Thus ...

2). It's going to drive a technology shift away from hand held devices, to handless devices.