move and rotate holograms

need help with the GestureAction.cs for moving and rotating holograms.
I re-used the GestureAction.cs from Holograms 211.

What I want to do with the hologram:

• rotate object by holding and drag left-right
  • move object by air-tap, gaze to re-position object, air-tap again to place object down
  • move object across another 3d surface. thinking of locking one of the axis (eg: if object is to move across a 3d floor, y-axis will be locked)

Problems faced:

• able to rotate, but all objects with script will rotate together. how do I rotate them individually instead?
  • not able to move at all. looks like it does not transition back to manipulation.

any advice on how to edit the script? Thx in advance

Comments

• or does anyone know how to lock one of the axis while using Manipulator.cs?

• If you pass in the focused object then only that object will be rotated. I'm working through the academy tutorials but with my own project instead of theirs, and that's what I had to do.

• @Rewy said:
    If you pass in the focused object then only that object will be rotated. I'm working through the academy tutorials but with my own project instead of theirs, and that's what I had to do.

@Rewy :
    thx for replying. I added GazeManager.Instance.FocusedObject but still get all objects rotating together.

• Hmm, maybe it's something to do with the PerformRotation() method.

The default method is:
    transform.Rotate(new Vector3(0, -1 * rotationFactor, 0));

Where as in mine I've changed it to:
    FocusedObject.transform.Rotate(0, 1 * xRotationFactor, 0);

As I mentioned before, my project is laid out differently and my scripts don't contain everything that the tutorials scripts do. Hope you manage to find a fix!

• @Rewy said:
    Hmm, maybe it's something to do with the PerformRotation() method.

The default method is:
    transform.Rotate(new Vector3(0, -1 * rotationFactor, 0));

Where as in mine I've changed it to:
    FocusedObject.transform.Rotate(0, 1 * xRotationFactor, 0);

As I mentioned before, my project is laid out differently and my scripts don't contain everything that the tutorials scripts do. Hope you manage to find a fix!

@Rewy
    thx for sharing! works now with the FocusedObject being highlighted.
    I am also using own project with script edited accordingly. currently I am trying to rotate and move objects in the 2 axis using script that uses same concept of TapToPlace.cs / Manipulator.cs and GestureAction.cs .

but seems like it cancels out the action if both manipulation and navigation is place within same object. Eg: object can only either move using manipulation or rotate using navigation. when placed together nothing will happen. any advice on how to solve this?

thx a lot

• Hmm, in the video they use a voice command to transition between being able to use the navigation gesture, and the manipulation gesture. There are also a bunch of other helper methods that they've implemented to facilitate this. Have you implemented these?

I am yet to implement the manipulation gesture so I cannot provide any of my implementations of these methods. My apologies.

• Hi, you can try my full tutorial on how to move, resize or rotate objects in your HoloLens apps using MR-Toolkit-Unity 2017.2 version (as latest as it gets) https://codeholo.com/2018/05/06/move-resize-and-rotate-objects-in-your-hololens-apps/