Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Pose 3D model just on the floor with Unity3D

Hi!

I have one scene in Unity3d where I have one car 3d model. When I start aplication in my hololens the car is afloat in the air, the car must be just on the floor, how I can do that??

Thanks!!

Tagged:

Answers

• @gomeslaw are you looking for a user interaction to put the car on the floor or are you wanting to programmatically figure out where the floor is and automatically place it on the floor?

If you are looking to use a user interaction I would recommend using the TapToPlace. In a few previous posts I outlined the steps in point form of how to create a basic app from scratch with your own model that allows you to use TapToPlace from the HoloToolkit to move your model onto spatial surfaces.
    NOTE: the origin point of your car model will be very important in where your model ends up in relation to the surface.

Alternatively if you are looking to programmatically position the car on the surface at start up you will need to do a lot more work and you should probably start by going through the Academy session: Holograms 230

HTH

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• @gomeslaw are you looking for a user interaction to put the car on the floor or are you wanting to programmatically figure out where the floor is and automatically place it on the floor?

If you are looking to use a user interaction I would recommend using the TapToPlace. In a few previous posts I outlined the steps in point form of how to create a basic app from scratch with your own model that allows you to use TapToPlace from the HoloToolkit to move your model onto spatial surfaces.
    NOTE: the origin point of your car model will be very important in where your model ends up in relation to the surface.

Alternatively if you are looking to programmatically position the car on the surface at start up you will need to do a lot more work and you should probably start by going through the Academy session: Holograms 230

HTH

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Thank you so much!