Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Skype for HoloLens

Feedback and bug reporting for Skype, available from Windows Store on Microsoft HoloLens.

Comments

• Cannot make it work. Logs me in (and shows my avatar) but app body shows "Syncing contacts" and nothing happens. Awaited approx. 3 minutes before giving up...

• Emulator or real device?
  • @AlexG: Could you please file a bug using the Feedback tool in the unit? thanks

I'm a Microsoft employee and a member of the HoloLens team, however I do not always speak on behalf of Microsoft.

• @DaTruAndi said:
    Emulator or real device?

Device

• @CesarGar said:
    @AlexG: Could you please file a bug using the Feedback tool in the unit? thanks

Shall do

• After device reset and app reinstall it works! Great!

• DaTruAndiDaTruAndi ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Just tried it.

a) I thought that the "other side" can place Holograms in "my" world? What version of Skype do they need for that?
    b) After a while I had seemingly performance issues - it was stuttering and would not be very reactive to user input including selections and ink.
    c) Screen sharing from a desktop Skype client had the screen content mirrored (left and right).

• More testing done - also between two HoloLenses or between HL and a regular Skype client, often Skype gets into a choppy mode and barely reacts for a while. The gaze cursor jumping around with like 1 frame per second or so and the screen not redrawn appropriately and sometimes even getting "lost" in space (as in jumping around in space). Some sort of resource bottleneck?
    Anybody? Bueller?

• @AlexG and @DaTruAndi – Thank you for trying out Skype for Hololens!

Please get the latest version of Skype for desktop from https://www.skype.com. Skype version (Help-> About Skype) has to be greater than or equal to 7.22.*, for Windows desktop and tablet users to add holograms while in an active Skype call with a HoloLens.

We are actively monitoring feedback and are working on our next update. Please use the Feedback tool on the device, to submit any feedback you have.

Thanks again for using our product!

• When the non-hololens user draws into the hololens users view, the drawing does not respect the spatial mapping which causes the drawn object to appear inside an object you may be looking at. Is this intended?

• DaTruAndiDaTruAndi ✭✭
    edited April 2016

@Vidhya said:
    @AlexG and @DaTruAndi – Thank you for trying out Skype for Hololens!

We are actively monitoring feedback and are working on our next update. Please use the Feedback tool on the device, to submit any feedback you have.

Thanks again for using our product!

What can you share about the "choppiness" issue? I believe uploaded an example video to the feedback tool. Is it a software problem or a problem with my device?

• You can find more about Skype for HoloLens here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us/apps/skype

I'm a Microsoft employee and a member of the HoloLens team, however I do not always speak on behalf of Microsoft.

• This works great, but I wish there was a way to turn the cursor off. Or if it just smartly disappeared when I don't use it somehow. Also, I find the controls to move the skype video window around a little fiddly--since they are a completely different interface than moving application windows around.

ralphbarbagallo.com - flarb.com - @flarb

• My most used app so far, really fun!

Contacts page - seems more intuitive to scroll or swipe a long list of contacts. Took me a bit to discover the nav bars were the arrows in title bar. Maybe a search box as well for contacts?

N6MAA10816

• From my experience- the volume seems really low. Is there a way to adjust the volume?

• We have tried and really like the Skype (Consumer version) for the HoloLens. Our company uses Skype for Business as our global unified communications system. As connections from inside the factories to the internet are port restricted it isn't so easy to use Skype. Is there a target for when Skype For Business will be available on the HoloLens?

• Setup
    Me: running Skype Desktop on Surface Pro 4 with HoloLens Plugin
    Him: running Skype app on HoloLens

The session worked well and I was able to draw arrows, circles etc. Pictures were shared easily.

The strange problem: When sharing my screen, the image on the HoloLens was flipped. I was able to take a screenshot and share it, but that looked fine. It seems to be a setting problem or bug when using the HoloLens to view a shared desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a workaround?

Also, an estimate for when the HoloLens plugin will be available for Skype Preview?

• Does anyone know if it is possible to share a video hologram during a Skype session? I haven't been able to find a way to share a video as I can with still images during a Skype session. Is there a plugin for this?

The only work around I've found to share a video is to put a video into PPT and share the screen. However, Skype flips the image on the remote users end so in order for the video not to flip horizontally I need to flip the video on my end horizontally. But either way the remote user cannot hear the audio.

It would be extremely helpful to share a video hologram with someone I'm calling just like we currently can with still images.

• How to launch skype from another hololens application..?

• Please help me out.
    Is there any way to launch skype from another Application of Hololens(through Unity)
    If yes , help many of us who are trying this out by providing the links and api's required to do this.

• Hi, hoping for at bit of help here.
    When using Skype with the HoloLens plug-in installed we are able to get the call up a running between a windows PC + the HoloLens. But we are experiencing two issues: 1) no video is streamed from the PC to the HoloLens and 2) the drawings created on the PC are misaligned on the HoloLens and vice versa (as in if I draw a circle on top of an physical object in HoloLens it does not appear on top of the object in the videostream on the PC - instead it's positioned to the right (1-2 feet off).

Are anyone else experiencing this and have you found a solution?

Jens

• Hololens plugin for skype works little and badly. It is unusable in the real world.

• @RCopelan ,Hi, I know Skype's beta for HoloLens.But I don't know its Consumer version.Can you tell me how to get Skype Consumer version for HoloLens?

Thanks!