Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Human Anatomy Application

Hi,
I am developing a similar application to that of Human Anatomy.

In this picture, we have a human body where visually addition and visually subtraction is happening on the model with the other 3 different models.

1. What is this concept of Addition and Subtraction of models called?
  2. Could you please provide any reference link to perform this using unity3d?

Please help me out :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Hi @Aishwarya_Chola123 ,

Want to help, but can you first clarify what you mean by visual addition and visual subtraction of models?

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

Thanks for responding @james_ashley

Even i dont know exactly what is meant by Visual addition and Visual subtraction.

According to me Visual addition is - In the human anatomy first comes the Skeleton, and then adds nerves to it, and then muscles. In this way a complete human body is formed.

According to me Visual subtraction is - In the application Human Anatomy ,from a complete Human body , only one particular organ comes out (consider Heart for example) and shows it in more detail

Hope i am clear now!
    Can you please help me in doing this
    Thanks in Advance :)

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123 Did you get a chance to look at the Astronaut Hololens tutorial, In that, they have something called "Expanding model" which in turn shows the expanded view of the model. So I guess the same technique can be applied here. replace the current model with a new animating model programmatically.

• Options

@ctsholo

But in the astronaut example , the model is expanded and the parts are placed at certain angles. It means Model expansion.

In the picture shown above, first comes the Skeleton, and then adds nerves to it, and then muscles. Thus a complete human body is formed.. In this way visual addition can be achieved.

@james_ashley !
    hope iam clear now. Thanks :)

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123 ,

I'm not sure there are standard terms for this, but I believe what is happening is that the 4 models are already positioned inside one another and all that is happening in what you call visual addition is that the opacity is being increased, first with the nerves, then the muscles, then the whole body.

Then for visual subtraction, the heart model's position is being animated out of the body and toward the player while at the same time the opacity of the body is being animated down to zero.

I'm basing that description on this MS video.

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

@Aishwarya_Chola123 said:
    @ctsholo

But in the astronaut example , the model is expanded and the parts are placed at certain angles. It means Model expansion.

In the picture shown above, first comes the Skeleton, and then adds nerves to it, and then muscles. Thus a complete human body is formed.. In this way visual addition can be achieved.

@james_ashley !
    hope iam clear now. Thanks :)

Yes it is model expansion, but they use two models. One normal another expanded. Similarly in your case you can use 4 models like suggested by @james_ashley