Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Error when uploading SharedHologram Tutorial 240 (Completed)

edited December 2016 in Questions And Answers

When uploading Shared Hologram 240 Tutorial Completed project in a console pop up eror:
System.Exception: Package directory not found: "C:.......\System.Private.DataContractSerialization\4.1.0". at UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.NuGetPackageResolver.Resolve () <0x2b19638 + 0x0032b> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext.AddFrameworkFolderToSearchPath (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver resolver, IAPIUpdaterListener listener) <0x2b11a40 + 0x00263> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext.ReadAssembly (System.String assemblyPath, IAPIUpdaterListener listener, FileAccess mode, System.String[] searchPaths) <0x2b0f4b0 + 0x00163> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext.From (System.String assemblyPath, IConfigurationProvider configuration, System.String[] assemblySearchPaths, UpdaterMode mode, IAPIUpdaterListener listener) <0x2b0f3c8 + 0x00073> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext.From (System.String assemblyPath, System.String[] assemblySearchPaths, UpdaterMode mode, IAPIUpdaterListener listener) <0x2b0f388 + 0x0002f> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.CheckForObsoleteAPIUsage (AssemblyUpdater.Application.CommandLineSpec config) <0x2af0b58 + 0x00043> in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x2a90f18 + 0x000fb> in :0
UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterHelper:DoesAssemblyRequireUpgrade(String)

P.S Unity 5.5.0f3

Answers

• Options

Hi @stannis995,
    I am able to build/deploy this project without any issue. Can you expound on what you mean by 'uploading'? Are you exporting the assets folder or trying to save the project to the cloud? I'll need some steps to follow in order to try a repro.

Have you tried to 'upload' any other Academy courses? Did you get the same error?

From the error, it looks like you might be missing an assembly in Unity. When you installed Unity 5.5, did you also install the 'Windows Store .NET Scripting Backend' and 'Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity' components?

• Options
    edited December 2016

Hi @ahillier
    I got this error then I had uploaded this tutorial project. All assembles was installed before. But this error was resolved by installing 5.6 Unity version. But then I got another error with StandartFast.shader something about not supporting some of shaders. I can't reproduce it now. But after deleting this file I acctually managed to make a bild. But then starting this app on Hololens my Polys avatars was represented witout detalization. Just 1 glowing mono texture. Obviously this (StandartFast.shader) do something with detalization but it frequantly causing errors.
    P.S. Sorry for my bad english.