Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

will you be able to play pc games or stream games to it an have a huge display screen

i watched a video on youtube of a video player scaling to on wall so a was wondering if you could stream games (any game) from a pc to the hololens or play the games on it

Answers

• Options

If Valve makes a Windows store app, I don't see why not. This wouldn't be any different than remote desktop.

• Options

There might be a bit of a delay but I don't see why you couldn't. The Hololens field of view would make it appear that at a distance of 13 feet, you could simulate a fairly large screen. I think it more so comes down to latency and frame rate. In real time applications you have to program how to handle variations in packet delay and such (drop frames or wait...etc).

• Options

The Hololens field of view would make it appear that at a distance of 13 feet

@Jarrod1937 for those of us trying to follow along, do you have a reference or a calculation that you could share on how you arrived at 13 feet?

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options
    HoloSheepHoloSheep mod
    edited April 2016

@Mohseen you might want to checkout this Build talk where Dave Lindsay's opening line literally describes pretty much the same thing as your question. It sounds like making a basic media viewer UWA app in XAML is pretty straightforward as a starting point.

He also mentions a little later on that you will be able to use a Microsoft app to stream Xbox games to the HoloLens.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Options

As @HoloSheep mentioned, you can stream Xbox One games to it directly. One of the Windows Bloggers, Daniel Rubino, has some screenshots up on twitter of him playing games being streamed from XB1

• Options

@HoloSheep said:

The Hololens field of view would make it appear that at a distance of 13 feet

@Jarrod1937 for those of us trying to follow along, do you have a reference or a calculation that you could share on how you arrived at 13 feet?

Oh, I have no hidden knowledge, haha. Just a guesstimate from the FOV of the Hololens and projecting that out to a distance of 13 feet. From that, you can get an idea of the final, apparent, projection size.