Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

New York Demo?

Hi, I recently was approved for Wave 5. The approval email also had this blurb:

"In addition, if you have plans to be in New York a personal invitation code to secure a demo will be provided. "

I do happen to be in New York next week, but I can't find anything on the website that has a link to attending a New York demo. The only thing I found was a demo back in December at the MS store in NY.

Did I miss a link somewhere?

Answers

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

@spark,

I think the demo at the Microsoft Store in NY is what they mean. That's the only semi-permanent demo in the US. It's really hard to find much information about it, though.

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

Hello! sending you both a quick note :)

• Options

Message for all who have applied, now when you go back to the form and log in, you will see:

• your status (approved or pending)
    • your wave number
    • which wave we're currently serving
    • which emails you'll be receiving notifications on (you usually provided two - one being your Microsoft Account and the second being your preferred email)
    • if you've received your invitation to purchase (with the link to the private store) or not.
    • if you _did _receive the invitation to purchase, we'll also let you know when we sent it and where.
    • for those in the New York area, a private code for a demo at our Microsoft Store
    • last but not least, if you have any issues, please contact us.

All these updates have been made thanks to the feedback you have been providing us - let us know if there are other things you would like to see and we'll do our best to provide what you need (if not in the form, then through email)

Thank you all!

• Options
    BryanBryan ✭✭✭

Thanks, @Vanessa. This is helpful. For those of us in an active wave still waiting on a purchase link... If there's an existing queue in your database for the order in which approved devs in the current wave are going to get the purchase link, it'd be nice to see the number of devs in front of us too. Fine to represent as a percentage if you'd prefer to obfuscate actual wave sizes (ex: "We're now 20% through wave 1. You'll get the link to buy before we're 35% done").

• Options

thanks @Bryan - we'll definitely look into this and see what we can do!