Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

HoloLens at Build

I'm lucky enough to be going to the Build conference later this month. I'd love to get time with a HoloLens unit and meet the development team. Hopefully they'll be plenty of opportunities to connect.

Comments

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

DrMaxP,

Launch is on March 30, which is concurrent with Build -- so I'd think chances are good that there will be lots of HoloLens content there. Fingers crossed. :)

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

Yes, hoping to get a chance to both talk to developers on the team and get some hands on time. Everything points to significant build content, which is great.

Are you doing anything with HoloLens?

• Options

I have a few projects. The two I'm putting the most time into is an art project collaboration with a composer in Berlin as well as a project to use HoloLens for trauma therapy.

James Ashley

• Options

We'll have quite a few of us from the team onsite for build this year. Looking forward to meeting you all there!

• Options
    BryanBryan ✭✭✭

@CoreyGoff said:
    We'll have quite a few of us from the team onsite for build this year. Looking forward to meeting you all there!

Any chance you'll let those of us in Wave 1 pick up our HoloLens at Build this year instead of waiting for shipping?

• Options

@Bryan said:

@CoreyGoff said:

Any chance you'll let those of us in Wave 1 pick up our HoloLens at Build this year instead of waiting for shipping?

No - devices will be shipped to your home.

• Options

Great, I'd really like to meet some of the team. I'd also welcome the chance to discuss some exciting internal concepts we have within my company .

• Options

@james_ashley said:
    I have a few projects. The two I'm putting the most time into is an art project collaboration with a composer in Berlin as well as a project to use HoloLens for trauma therapy.

Well, from your twitter feed I can see you've been really busy with the documentation. Sound like really interesting projects. Are you going to be at Build?

• Options

@DrMaxP I'll be in San Francisco for meetings around the same time.

James Ashley