Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

It asks PW suddely when it is started.

Hololens which used to work well until yesterday, asks me to log in today suddenly.
Also, when I enter the password of the original ID I used, I get an incorrect password message.
And the message below is "for security, we need to you to re-enter your credentials".
Does anyone know why?

Answers

• Options

Hello, apologies for the delay - have you contacted our support teams?

• Options

Hello, did you find solution???

I'm in same trouble now please help..

• Options
    BusterBuster
    edited May 2017

@youb1649 said:

Hello, did you find any solutions?

I'm in same trouble now.. Please help

• Options

Hololens suddenly asking me password:
    "for security, we need to you to re-enter your credentials".
    How to solve this? Please help

• Options

This seems to have come from a firmware/OS update in February. It should only ask once provided you can supply the correct username/password.

• Options

But I dont remember the password. How to reset it or Is there a way to login to the device again?

• Options

@Jesse_McCulloch said:
    This seems to have come from a firmware/OS update in February. It should only ask once provided you can supply the correct username/password.

I having the same issue, but don't quite understand the suggested solution. What password should I use once before supplying the correct one?

• Options

@jinuik - If you don't have the password, you will have to connect the HoloLens to your computer with the USB cable and then download the Microsoft device recovery tool. That will let you flash it back to the start.

• Options

@jmmr - Sorry for the confusion. Basically it needs the password of the Microsoft Account that it is set up with. If you don't know what that is, then you will have to go with the device recovery method that I just mentioned in the post above. If you do know it, then once you input it once, it should not continue to ask for it on each startup.

• Options

@Jesse_McCulloch said:
    @jmmr - Sorry for the confusion. Basically it needs the password of the Microsoft Account that it is set up with. If you don't know what that is, then you will have to go with the device recovery method that I just mentioned in the post above. If you do know it, then once you input it once, it should not continue to ask for it on each startup.

Hi Jess, I know the right password (I cheked it logging into the hotmail account on my pc), but still I cannot log in.
    Do I need an internet connection to log-in?
    Also, somebody here having the same issue seems to have solved it connecting to the wifi network where the account was originally configured. I cannot do this, because I have several networks and cannot select the one the hololens are connected to from this login screen. I connected the hololens in the past to several of them and some of them have no internet access.
    Any clues?

• Options

hi - wasn't sure how people solved this? My device suddenly is doing the same thing - asking for it says "for security, we need to re-enter your credentials" and it was fine yesterday. The Your Account (under main menu Settings/select Accounts/Your account) is not the password it's asking for which is very confusing to me. It is asking for another account password and I don't have that because it's a private email account belonging to someone else... What are my options here? If I have to do a factory reset on it, how do I do that when I can't get past his password request? Thanks for the help!

• Options

@nem_MRforAll said:
    hi - wasn't sure how people solved this?

In my case it was an issue of internet connection. The Hololens were connecting to a network without internet access so I changed my location to a place where they could only reach a network with internet location (since it was not possible to select the network in that screen). However, in my case they were asking for the password of the same account, not a different one. I think that if you do a factory reset they won't ask for this account anymore, but for a new account association instead.