Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Hololens app deployment failing due to XDE issue.

Hi, Till yesterday my app in hololens emulator was working fine. Now I tried to deploy the emulator after a change (not a big change I just added the Keyword Manager Script to gameobject), built the app and started visual studio. It started deploying but then crashed with this error: "DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '6C3DD314-EF85-06D2-68DF-7734EA48770B'.':Exception - Failed to connect to Xde server for virtual machine "HoloLens Emulator 10.0.14393.0"

I am using Windows 10 Pro and Visual Studio 2015. I am able to start up the emulator in Hyper V just fine. In the system event log I found this :

Application: XDE.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr) at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection+ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CastIterator>d__94``1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable``1<System.__Canon>) at Microsoft.Xde.Wmi.WmiUtils.GetInstanceHelper(System.Management.ManagementScope, System.String, Int32, Int32) at Microsoft.Xde.Client.WindowsCompatCheck.GetHyperVFeatureState() at Microsoft.Xde.Client.WindowsCompatCheck.IsHyperVFeatureOptionAvailable() at Microsoft.Xde.Client.XdeController.CheckWindowsCompatibility() at Microsoft.Xde.Client.XdeController.Run(System.String[]) at Microsoft.Xde.Client.Program.Main(System.String[])

Another log (2 logs appear every time this error occurs)
Faulting application name: XDE.exe, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578a1cbb Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37 Exception code: 0xe0434352 Fault offset: 0x000da832 Faulting process id: 0x818 Faulting application start time: 0x01d2705d5217bf41 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\10.0.14393.0\XDE.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: db1bc540-4df4-4601-bfd4-74a0294e545f Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

No application ID is present.

I am almost nearing completion of critical part of my app and then this happens. Any help is appreciated guys.

Tagged:

Answers

• I think I have the same issue.. I know this is an old post but have you found a solution to this?