Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

No deployment options in VS2015

edited February 2017 in Questions And Answers

Running Windows 10 64bit Enterprise

I've installed the following:
Unity 5.5.1f1
Visual Studio Tools for Unity
Hololens Emulator
(Emulator installation claims to have completed successfully.)

Restarted the machine after that and proceeded with the following steps.

I made a simple new scene with only 2 meshes placed in it (one with an animation, the other a static cube).

Verified VR was enabled under Rendering:

Made sure the appropriate Build settings were set:

Double-clicked the created sln:

Deployment options dropdown in VS is empty:

Might anyone know why nothing is showing up here?
It just shows two options:
Start
Downloading New Emulator...

Clicking on the Downloading New Emulator... option takes me to here.

I was expecting there to be a remote machine option where I could enter the IP of the Hololens.

(It's been over 10 years since I last used .NET for development, so I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.)

I'm 95% certain I've followed all the steps indicated here and here in order to deploy a Unity app to Hololens.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    edited February 2017

I ran repair on the VS2015 Community installation.
    Numerous errors were reported:

I attached the log file.

Will now try to reinstalll everything from scratch.

**Update: **

I'm sharing a Windows 10 machine with a coworker of mine who is a programmer (I'm more of a scripter). We each use our own account. He ran into the same problem having followed one of the many tutorials out there (which are all virtually the same; basically copy-pasted versions of Microsoft's).

He uninstalled VS2015 completely, restarted and reinstalled it with **Tools (1.4.1) and Windows 10 SDK (XXXX) ** AND all of the Windows SDK (mobile) options checked.

Doing this populated the deployment target list with Hololens Emulator, Remote machine, etc..

Is it 100% fact that in order to run Hololens Emulator on a Windows 10 PC and deploy builds to the hololens **Tools (1.4.1) and Windows 10 SDK (XXXX) ** is the only required SDK? If so, that would mean installing those SDKs didn't fix the issue, rather uninstalling and reinstalling the proper Tools&W10SDK did.

atm There are no plans to get a UWA running on anything other than PC and the Hololens. It's proving much more difficult than the tutorials make it out to be.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Options
    Answer ✓

It appears uninstalling and reinstalling Windows VS2015 fixed it.