Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

hololens unity 5.4.0b7

shukenmgshukenmg
edited March 2016 in Questions And Answers

i keep getting the error code

Assets/Holograms/Support/Fitbox/Fitbox.cs(2,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name WSA' does not exist in the namespaceUnityEngine.VR'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

second one is

Assets/Holograms/Support/Spatial Mapping/SpatialMapping.cs(3,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name WSA' does not exist in the namespaceUnityEngine.VR'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

this is in unity

because of this i can't do anything

can someone help please

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Get the same with just current version of Unity on the Holo 101E tutorial. Not sure if you'd expect this to run right now or compile if dependent on changes to Unity core libraries being added....sounded like the Emulator wouldn't be available until March 30th so I imagine no way outside of working for Microsoft or select partner to run the code fully until then?

• Options

You are missing actual HoloLens plug-in for Unity. I bet you also don't have the Virtual Reality Supported checkbox (in the player's Rendering section) to add HoloLens as a new Virtual Reality Device. Just wait for March 30th or when HoloLens SDK/Unity update will be released.

• Options

@AlexG said:
    You are missing actual HoloLens plug-in for Unity. I bet you also don't have the Virtual Reality Supported checkbox (in the player's Rendering section) to add HoloLens as a new Virtual Reality Device. Just wait for March 30th or when HoloLens SDK/Unity update will be released.

so you mean i need to wait until march 30th to get hololens plugin right?

• Options

I believe yes

• Options

So the Hololens tuto with the 7 videos will be usefull only end of march!!!!? #argh!!!

\o/

@+
    rv.

• Options

The Holographic Academy tutorials will not work unless you have the Unity tools that support those namespaces and APIs.

As the Install the Tools page suggests, HoloLens Emulator will be available on 30th March. Unity date is yet to be announced. Please stay tuned!

• Options

So we need to wait till 30th march to do experiments with this Academy tutorials.

Develop the "Holo" world like others get the same error..
    Assets/Holograms/Support/Fitbox/Fitbox.cs(2,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name WSA' does not exist in the namespaceUnityEngine.VR'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Infact documentation looks awesome, looks till then we can brush-up unity concepts.:)

• Options
    edited June 2016

i m using unity 5.4.0. b 21 , and still getting the wsa does not exist error, how does one solve it ??
    kindly help

• Options
    edited June 2016

@ahillier said:
    The updated version of Unity is not available yet, so you will be unable to complete any of the Academy tutorials at this time. As soon as the new Unity release is available, we'll share the link here.

should untiy 5.4.0 b 21 be giving the WSA error , because i am still getting the error , kindly help !

• Options

@Virat_Kohli said:

@ahillier said:

I

should untiy 5.4.0 b 21 be giving the WSA error , because i am still getting the error , kindly help !

Hi you are using standard Unity, not the HoloLens version named HTP, the latest tested version is 5.4 HTP b18

Uninstall b21 and follow sequence given in install_the_tools
    If you do not follow the sequence the whole system will FAIL.
    We don't know why this happens, but complete uninstall and reinstall of everything works

• Options

@Jimbohalo10 Thanks a lot !

• Options

I'm getting this same error after installing the latest Unity version (5.4.0f3), which was released last week. Is this an issue again? Are the tutorials no longer compatible again?

• Options

I tried installing previous versions but those weren't working either @Jimbohalo10 - any reason why this error may be appearing in multiple versions of unity where I am loading a project from the tutorials?

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

@TRR said:
    I'm getting this same error after installing the latest Unity version (5.4.0f3), which was released last week. Is this an issue again? Are the tutorials no longer compatible again?

Unfortunately there is major difference between standard unity and HTP HoloLens Unity.
    Please uninstall and reinstall the HoloLens kit in sequence as described in Install the HoloLens Toolset for HTP version 5.4.0f1 HTP. Version 5.4F3 is the NON HoloLens version

Install Visual Studio 2015 Update 3, then the HoloLens Emulator, then The Unity HoloLens Technical Preview is based off of the Unity 5.4b24 HTP builds.

Install the HoloLens Toolset for HTP version 5.4.0f1 HTP

• Options
    TRRTRR
    edited August 2016

@Jimbohalo10 I'm no longer getting errors but the objects from the downloaded tutorials are still not showing up. I reinstalled everything in the correct order. Any idea why this might be?

• Options

@TRR said:
    @Jimbohalo10 I'm no longer getting errors but the objects from the downloaded tutorials are still not showing up. I reinstalled everything in the correct order. Any idea why this might be?

I think your version of the tutorial code may need to be updated 28th July (about 15 days ago ) was a big Updating Origami course to use new Spatial Mapping components
    see https://github.com/Microsoft/HolographicAcademy/tree/Holograms-101
    and
    https://github.com/Microsoft/HolographicAcademy
    Just download a new set unzip/decompress and read
    Tutorial: Debugging with Holograms 211 with update code library

• Options
    edited August 2016

I am getting the same issue with unity version 5.4.0f3-HTP version and i installed unity from the academy link..if this version not supported then why academy link redirects to 5.4.0f3 version...?
    "Unity HoloLens Technical Preview Last known release: 5.4.0f3 on August 5th, 2016"

• Options

I am getting the same issue with unity version 2017.2.0b7.........