Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Poll: Quality of Device - Any failing devices needing to be returned?

For those that have a device I was wondering the quality of the device and if you had experienced any issues with the device not working when received or failing and having to be returned. We are wanting to get a rough idea as to the quality of the device and if there are any issues that could be delaying the devices getting to the wave 2/3 groups.
If they are all working and have none are having to be returned then we will feel better that we will get these in the allotted timeframe as well as the technology is reasonably robust.

Please respond with:

**No Issues: ** The devices has worked since day one and have not had any issues.
**Never worked: ** The device did not work when received and had to return for a new one.
**Failed: ** The device worked for a period of time and then failed and were replaced.

Comments

• Options

No Issues. However, the left part of the view of the left eye is very slightly bluish. I think others on here have seen that issue (probably more severe than I'm experiencing).

• Options

No Issues. I have an issue with my clicker, but nothing that would cause an issue with the HoloLens itself.

• Options

Thanks to those that responded. I saw a couple of responses on the form of devices failing, but the two that responded to this request reported no issues. Any others willing to chime in on their experiences? Just respond with no issues, if it has worked fine for you so far.

• Options

No Issues.

• Options

I had 2 issues, neither resulting in a return, 1 was figured out, the other is being investigating but I do not believe its a defect of the device, more a use case issue.

• Options

No issues.

• Options

**No Issues: **

• Options

after 1 use, i can't start my device, have done device recovery 5 times but it starts - hello message - welcome music plays and then in the middle of the music it shuts down with a weird cranky sound and restarts and this happens again and again .....

• Options
    JeromeJerome ✭✭

No issues

• Options

Few issues.

The screen has patches of color rainbow, especially at the edges of the screens, but this doesn't detract too much. Not sure if it's just an artifact of the technology being used or whatever.

• Options

No Issues.

• Options
    tdroztdroz
    edited August 2016

Never worked.

I just received device model 1688, lot number 16/28, and it's got the rainbow effect throughout the displays. I'll be calling Friday to swap it out. My previous unit didn't have this issue. UPDATE: other unit without this issue is model 1688, lot/date 16/21

• Options

I have issues with connectivity and the updates seem to be breaking it. My unit is lagging. I will try again before contacting support.

• Options

I've got the rainbow issue mentioned here and elsewhere.