Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Can I control the Hololens with a wired USB mouse?

I am able to pair a wireless / BlueTooth mouse with my Hololens and able to perform clicks, scrolls, etc. However, when I connect a wired USB mouse (via the microUSB port) to the HoloLens, it does not do anything. Given that Windows Holographic is based on Windows 10, I was expecting it to work as well. Is that expectation correct? Am I missing some setting that I need to do to make it work?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Answer ✓

The MicroUSB port on the HoloLens is only available for Charging and deployment. You cannot hook any accessories up to it at this point.

Hopefully, maybe, in a future firmware update...

• Answer ✓

The best way to provide that feedback is using the Feedback application on the HoloLens itself. If you don't have a device, you might try messaging @Vanessa or @Brandon to get that feedback logged

Answers

• I am able to pair a wireless BlueTooth mouse with my Hololens and able to perform clicks, scrolls, etc. However, when I connect a wired USB mouse (via the microUSB port) to the HoloLens, it does not recognize any clicks or scrolls done on the mouse. Given that Windows Holographic is based on Windows 10, I was expecting it to work as well. Is that expectation correct? Am I missing some setting that I need to do to make it work?

Thanks.

• Answer ✓

The MicroUSB port on the HoloLens is only available for Charging and deployment. You cannot hook any accessories up to it at this point.

• Maybe you can try with a bluetooth mouse

• @Jesse_McCulloch said:

Thanks Jesse.

Do you or anyone have an idea when that firmware update may be available?

• Nope, Microsoft has not shared any sort of roadmap or anything like that with us

• @Jesse_McCulloch said:
    Nope, Microsoft has not shared any sort of roadmap or anything like that with us

Thanks Jesse.
    Are you aware of a contact I can reach out to? I think having a full fledged USB port will be very useful for multiple purposes to multiple people.

• Answer ✓

The best way to provide that feedback is using the Feedback application on the HoloLens itself. If you don't have a device, you might try messaging @Vanessa or @Brandon to get that feedback logged