Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

SpectatorView Build error in Calibration

Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Questions And Answers

I have tried to build Calibration.sln using Visual Studio 2015 Update 3

I have downloaded the whole HoloLensCompanionKit-master from GitHub and I get error

hololenscompanionkit-master\spectatorview\calibration\calibration\stdafx.h(43): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Keyboard.h': No such file or directory

I am using
#define USE_CANON_SDK FALSE

// FrameProvider type - Exactly 1 of these should be true:
//TODO: Set this to true if using a BlackMagic DeckLink capture card.
#define USE_DECKLINK FALSE
//TODO: Set this to true if using an Elgato capture card.
#define USE_ELGATO FALSE
//TODO: Set this to true if using OpenCV to get frames from a camera or capture card.
#define USE_OPENCV TRUE
for OpenCV as I don't have GoPro camera yet

1>------ Build started: Project: SharedHeaders, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: Calibration, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
2> C:\OpenCV\build\x64\vc14\bin\opencv_ffmpeg310_64.dll
2> C:\OpenCV\build\x64\vc14\bin\opencv_world310.dll
2> C:\OpenCV\build\x64\vc14\bin\opencv_world310d.dll
2> 3 File(s) copied
2> stdafx.cpp
2>f:\hololenscompanionkit-master\hololenscompanionkit-master\spectatorview\calibration\calibration\stdafx.h(43): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Keyboard.h': No such file or directory
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Studying code Would appear that local file
#include "Keyboard.h" is missing

Update FIX

Right click on the Solution header and "Restore NuGet Packages"
Close/Exit Visual Studio project

In File Explorer go to
C:\Users\%USERNAME%.nuget\packages\directxtk_desktop_2015\2016.9.1.2\build\native\include
where you will find the missing include files.
Select all (control+A) .h include files
copy these files and put them in
HoloLensCompanionKit-master\SpectatorView\Calibration\Calibration
directory

Open the Calibration project in Visual Studio 2015

bring in CalibrationApp.h for editing and add
#include "Keyboard.h" under
#include "DirectXHelper.h"
Save and Right Click REBUILD, hopefully this should compile/build without error.

Documentation

There is an error in document at https://github.com/Microsoft/HoloLensCompanionKit/blob/master/SpectatorView/Calibration/README.md

Code Changes
In pch.h in the Calibration project:

The below information is in file \SpectatorView\Calibration\Calibration\ stdafx.h

Change HOLOLENS_USER and HOLOLENS_PW to the credentials of your device's developer portal.

Off Topic
The calibrate process even runs on my Kinect 2 for Windows as a webcam.
Not much use but at least it runs for when I get the Camera :)

Best Answers

• Options
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓

The fix to the Calibration build problem is to Restore the NuGet packages

@Jackson said:
    Thanks for bringing this up:

I have a pull request active now for the changes to the calibration README.

The DirectXTK NuGet package should do all the relevant include logic for you (for Keyboard.h and other DirectXTK headers) After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over. Note that when dealing with NuGet packages or .idl files, there might be an error that the file does not exist until you actually build.

>

After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over

Nope had to copy the .h include files into place, as above, and then add the keyboard.h with Intellisense.

When Visual Studio detected this, looks like it checked the rest of the includes and re-connected them. Only then did the Rebuild work

• Options

@Jackson said:
    After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over.

Well after detailed investigation of the restore NuGet packages, the answer is:-

In Visual Studio Solution, Select the "Calibration" Right click and select "Set as Startup Project".

Next go to Solution header Right Click Select "Manager NuGet Packages for Solution"

Now Uninstall both NuGet packages and Select Calibration project ONLY NOT "SharedHeaders", and Click install for both NuGet packages
    In the Visual Studio Output Window.

Added package 'directxtk_desktop_2015.2016.4.26.1' to 'packages.config'
    Successfully installed 'directxtk_desktop_2015 2016.4.26.1' to Calibration

You will need to do procedure this in ALL Solution's being built in SpectatorView

• Options
    Answer ✓

@Jimbohalo10 said:
    @Jackson I am still having problems with creating a working CalibrationData.txt
    Could you post a sample here or add a sample to the distribution kit on GitHub
    Thanks

Thanks for putting the file on GitHub.
    The path is now GitHub\HoloLensCompanionKit\SpectatorView\Samples\SharedHolograms\Assets\CalibrationData.txt

Reloaded the project into GitHub Desktop, instead of VS GitHub and it was there. Thanks Jim

Answers

• Options

The Compositor.sln builds fine with OpenCV 3.1 and makes the Unity dll

• Options

The fix to the Calibration build problem is to Restore the NuGet packages

@Jackson said:
    Thanks for bringing this up:

I have a pull request active now for the changes to the calibration README.

The DirectXTK NuGet package should do all the relevant include logic for you (for Keyboard.h and other DirectXTK headers) After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over. Note that when dealing with NuGet packages or .idl files, there might be an error that the file does not exist until you actually build.

>

After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over

Nope had to copy the .h include files into place, as above, and then add the keyboard.h with Intellisense.

When Visual Studio detected this, looks like it checked the rest of the includes and re-connected them. Only then did the Rebuild work

• Options

@Jackson said:
    After you restored the NuGet package, were you able to build without copying the files over.

Well after detailed investigation of the restore NuGet packages, the answer is:-

In Visual Studio Solution, Select the "Calibration" Right click and select "Set as Startup Project".

Next go to Solution header Right Click Select "Manager NuGet Packages for Solution"

Now Uninstall both NuGet packages and Select Calibration project ONLY NOT "SharedHeaders", and Click install for both NuGet packages
    In the Visual Studio Output Window.

Added package 'directxtk_desktop_2015.2016.4.26.1' to 'packages.config'
    Successfully installed 'directxtk_desktop_2015 2016.4.26.1' to Calibration

You will need to do procedure this in ALL Solution's being built in SpectatorView

• Options
    edited March 2017

Thanks

• Options
    Answer ✓

@Jimbohalo10 said:
    Thanks

Thanks for putting the file on GitHub.
    The path is now GitHub\HoloLensCompanionKit\SpectatorView\Samples\SharedHolograms\Assets\CalibrationData.txt

Reloaded the project into GitHub Desktop, instead of VS GitHub and it was there. Thanks Jim