Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Unity Solution to VS 2015 Comm issue with runtimes

I've been having difficulty getting all the developer software setup.
I installed unity for hololens and the other required software.
I had multiple copies of visual studio on my computer such as 2012, 2015 desktop and 2015 community. I removed 2012 and reinstalled community making sure to include the necessary files as outlined in the documentation.
At present, when I attempt to load a unity solution in VS 2015 Community I get the following warning:
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Warning Your project.json doesn't list 'win10-arm' as a targeted runtime. You should add '"win10-arm": { }' inside your "runtimes" section in your project.json, and then re-run NuGet restore. Hololens3DModels

In the project.json file, I clearly have these defined:
"runtimes": {
"win10-arm": {},
"win10-arm-aot": {},
"win10-x86": {},
"win10-x86-aot": {},
"win10-x64": {},
"win10-x64-aot": {}
}

Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Answers

• After looking though several online forums I was able to progress to the following problem after going to project -> manage NuGet and downloading the latest versions. But I'm stuck with a solution explorer that shows 3 projects called:
    Assembly-CSharp ( Universal Windows)
    Assembly-CSharp-firstPass (Universal Windows)
    and finally in bold:
    Hololens3DModels (Universal Windows)

When I attempt to run on the remote machine (hololens) I get:

Error The command ""E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\App\Unity\Tools\SerializationWeaver\SerializationWeaver.exe" "E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\bin\x86\Master\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" -pdb -verbose -unity-engine="E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\App\Hololens3DModels\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.dll" -unity-networking=E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\App\Hololens3DModels\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll "E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\obj\x86\Master\x86\Master"" exited with code 1. Assembly-CSharp-firstpass E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.csproj 180

Error Metadata file 'E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\bin\x86\Master\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll' could not be found Assembly-CSharp E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\CSC

Error Metadata file 'E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Master\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found Hololens3DModels E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\App\Hololens3DModels\CSC

Error Metadata file 'E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\UWP\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass\bin\x86\Master\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll' could not be found Hololens3DModels E:\Youtube\Hololens\Hololens Projects\Hololens3DModels\App\Hololens3DModels\CSC

Any thoughts on this first pass issue?

Thank you,
    George

• Hi George,

Did you install the UWP runtime from http://unity3d.com/pages/windows/hololens

Also your target in VS should be x86 and not ARM. Can you try switching that and see if that helps?

Bharat