Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Intellisense is lacking...

RaycastHit

What is that? If I hover over the class name in Visual Studio I see nothing. Yeah, ok, I can get that from the Unity docs, but it would be nice if when ya'll (Microsoft) generated the UnityEngine.dll, you pulled in the class and parameters documentation into the UnityEngine library, so that the intellisense would work in VS.

Comments

• You should get Intellisense for Unity classes. Do you check 'Unity C# projects' when you export your project?

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain that well. I get Intellisense with methods and the parameter names. What I am saying is that there is no explanation describing what the function does and what parameters are/do. Your screenshot is a perfect example, it should say "The barycentric coordinate of the triangle we hit. This lets you interpolate any of the vertex data along the 3 axes." The method descriptions are in the docs, but are not in the DLLs.

• I get intellisense for the methods but not the parameters........it's a real pain to figure some of them out, what they're expecting or what they're returning as parameters when you subscribe to an event....

• Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Weird, the intellisense works perfectly for me. It will tell me the available exposed functions and members as well as the arguments.
    I do not get, "The barycentric coordinate of the triangle we hit. This lets you interpolate any of the vertex data along the 3 axes.", that Tony is mentioning, but then again most things don't include that in intellisense. It mostly just parses references and files, extracting the functions and their arguments, that's how it's able to intellisense your own code.

• PinkPink
    edited May 2016

Tony you're spot on!

Intellisense in general should look up docstrings - similar to something you'd get out of any decent Python or Lisp IDE. I think the general problem is there are many ways to do docstrings in code. The aforementioned languages have them as part of the spec for defining functions so implementation of this sort of thing is easy.

There may be hope, according to this. If you comment your code with that method (and you're lucky), intellisense may help you out. Admittedly, I haven't tried myself.

You'd think it's a solved problem in this day and age - there is probably a way to achieve this (though, maybe only applicable if you use visual studio, or mono not necessarily both).