We have decided to phase out the Mixed Reality Forums over the next few months in favor of other ways to connect with us.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
The plan between now and the beginning of May is to clean up old, unanswered questions that are no longer relevant. The forums will remain open and usable.
On May 1st we will be locking the forums to new posts and replies. They will remain available for another three months for the purposes of searching them, and then they will be closed altogether on August 1st.
So, where does that leave our awesome community to ask questions? Well, there are a few places we want to engage with you. For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality. If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers. And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
ServerSessionsTracker not updating Sessions list when leaving session
I have a problem with the ServerSessionsTracker script not updating the Sessions list locally, after leaving the session.
- Run server, use AutoJoinSession script to join a session with custom name.
- Session Manager UI shows "Default" (persistent) and custom session (adhoc) correctly.
- Call ServerSessionsTracker.LeaveCurrentSession(), server log shows that client has left the custom-named session, and that session is now closed. This is reflected in the Session Manager UI correctly (ie. only 1 session, "Default", exists now).
- Try to use new instance of AutoJoinSession to join a session with the same custom name. The session should not exist yet at this point, but there is a match (by session name) when comparing with ServerSessionsTracker.Sessions.
- It then tries to join that local session (which no longer exists on the server), and returns true from ServerSessionsTracker.JoinSession(Session), thinking it successfully joined the session on the server. No errors are logged.
In ServerSessionsTracker.cs, there is an event handler for SessionManagerAdapter.SessionClosedEvent, where it removes the session from the local list. However, it doesn't seem to do anything?
Anyone else encounter this issue?