MY HOLOLENS JUST STAY "HELLO" I CAN'T BOOT UP

edited July 2017 in Questions And Answers

I can‘t start system, the only thing i can see is “hello” and power button is useless too, I just can wait for a long time when it stop loading to turn off it , I also try recovery mode and use recovery tool but it just stop on "waiting for device to boot"i have no idea with this...... please help me

Answers

• Peter_NZPeter_NZ ✭✭✭

Just checking. Did you go through recovery mode on the Hololens:

1.Hold the power button for 15 seconds, until all the lights are off.

2.Press and hold the volume up button

3.While holding the volume up button, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, until the middle LED on the device arm lights up.

• My hololens just stays “Hello” for a long time, then it displays green screen.Finally it shuts down automatically.
    I also try recovery mode and use recovery tool.The recovery tool can detect the Hololens,but it stops on the final step.The hololens can't update to the latest Windows Holographic OS.

p.s. my Hololens is development edition.

Thanks

• My hololens also has the same problem. Have you fixed this please let me know.Thanks

• Does anyone have any updates on this? I haven't had any luck with the WDRT and all we can see is the Hello screen but no visuals, though we do keep hearing music, so we do know the HoloLens is on.

• It may be overheated. If you are using outside, the Hololens will shut off in less than 5 minutes. When you try to restart, it will give you the "Welcome" splash and simply go blank. Bring the unit inside a cool place and wait 5-10 minutes and try again.

• Is there any update on this topic, I'm having mentioned problem and can't solve it. Cheers

• @Jerry said:
    My hololens also has the same problem. Have you fixed this please let me know.Thanks

Has this problem been resolved? Please let me know how.