Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Mixed Reality Motion Controller Dev Availability?

2»

Answers

• Options
    rd3d2rd3d2
    edited October 2017

Yeh, sorry, that was me who bought that one!

Amazon still appear to have stock though if that helps.

Must admit I fancied the Samsung Headset and might have been prepared to wait if there had been a pre-order to guarantie day one availability :-(

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

WARNING TO UK buyers
    The HP Mixed Reality Headset on Amazon UK NO motion controllers

are exactly that NO MOTION CONTROLLERS and HIGHER PRICE as Microsoft UK Store HP Mixed Reality supply motion controllers for the same price

• Options
    edited October 2017

Well surprisingly Amazon UK listened! :D , have sent an updated link to HP Mixed Reality Headset with Motion Controllers
    and its £0.99 GBP cheaper than the Microsoft Store which is STILL showing out of STOCK. (UPDATE 15th October 08:30 GMT UK time. The page appears to take orders, defiantly cant be delivered by the 17th October :s:D:'( )

Well currently looks like my order is going to Amazon UK who WILL be able to ship for Tuesday 17th October. Still probably will wait!

Achtung Achtung Deutschland
    Vorsicht, wenn Sie bei Amazon Deutschland sind, da dort in NO HP Headset und der Preis für ACER bei £ 200 / EUR 221 / USD 224 teurer als bei Amazon UK oder der US-Website. Keine Motion Controller
    English
    Beware if you got to Amazon Deutschland because there in NO HP headset and the price for ACER is when converted £200 / EUR 221/ USD $224 more expensive than on Amazon UK or the US website. No Motion Controller

Microsoft Store de (Deutschland) currently shows Acer MR Headsets at
    449 Euro equals 530.78 US Dollars! compared to US store $449 :s , but at least they NOW HAVE Motion Controllers.

Summary
    My apologies for somewhat hijacking this thread, but in a few days time developers and retail headsets will be the same.

The whole market is rapidly changing OUTSIDE the US. Developers and Users MUST be careful when buying these. The pricing changes are so dramatic across the UK and Central Europe Stores and some suppliers are still selling old stock without Motion Controllers.

There does NOT seem a facility to purchase Controllers separately outside the US, perhaps this situation will change in the distant future.

• Options
    edited October 2017

To end my saga 17th October 01:00 GMT checked and Microsoft Store UK and Amazon UK are both selling from STOCK.

Amazon UK will deliver at billing address from 09:00 GMT 18th October. Pre-orders should arrive by 0900 GMT/ 01:00 PST today

Amazon UK are offering 3 years breakdown and accident cover for the same RRP price as MS UK Store

MS UK Store don't give delivery dates

• Options
    3ch3l0n3ch3l0n
    edited October 2017

I've had the developer edition HMD from July, no controllers. The HoloLens team told me on twitter they would be sent out from the store, spent 3 days on the phone to the store, who keep sending me off to departments that do not know what is going on. There is supposed to be a team actively sending these out. I cannot afford to waste more time repeating this and should not have to with the UK/EU store who have difficulty getting a pair of controllers out to me. So I've had HoloLens since July 2016, the US store and staff rock , I can tweet and get responses from the HoloLens team but the weak link in the chain is the person(s) on a phone connected to the UK store who constantly parrot out they can do nothing, cannot send out the controllers, they can pass me on to someone who will, who then puts me on hold/ sends me back to the store .... here is the original twitter thread to Alex Kipman and jokingly involving HoloLens , actually filmed thru my HoloLens .

it is impossible to develop sans controllers
    I was told by Alek Kipman in another tweet that the controllers would be available to everyone on the 17th
    right now I am at a loss what to do . The above tweet thread clearly states there is an active team sending out these controllers, it's just no one over the last 3 days of being stuck on the phone @ the UK store is able to resolve this, Please escalate this to someone who can , thanks

• Options

@3ch3l0n - Are you part of the Mixed Reality Developer Program, where Microsoft sent you an Acer development edition? If not, then they are not sending out Motion Controllers. If, as I suspect, you did the pre-order of your HP Developer Edition headset, then you are on your own for sourcing controllers. As far as I am aware, Dell is the only one selling the controllers on their own, and I am not sure if they are selling to the UK or not.

• Options

For those curious: The Dell controllers I had pre-ordered arrived today. With the exception of a little bit of extra paint (for the Dell logo and such) they are basically the same as the controllers I got for attending Unite (same battery brand even).

If you have a headset and don't have controllers, I'd recommend ordering some directly from Dell here: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/536-bbbs?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=536-BBBS

• Options

I received mine yesterday. Luckily for me, Canada isn't too far away from the USA, which is, to the best of my understanding, the only place where Dell is selling the controllers separate from the headset.

I like the idea of only selling this to consumers as a set, HMD and controllers. This poses a problem though for developers who only received the HMD. If Microsoft and it's suppliers can help fix that for developers (wherever they are), that is a proper win, and the right thing to do.

• Options

ordered my controllers from Dell just now. they seem to be in stock(in Canada).

• Options

Just read this:
    https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-sending-windows-mixed-reality-developers-free-motion-controllers/

Apparently Microsoft is looking to make good with the developers (such as myself) who jumped on the opportunity to get a headset, but were otherwise left on their own with the controllers.

I've already picked up my own set from Dell. I'd like to get the 'free' set, but honestly don't know what I'll do with them aside from use them as spares. I doubt Dell will accept a return of my purchased ones.

• Options

Just read this:
    https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-sending-windows-mixed-reality-developers-free-motion-controllers/

Apparently Microsoft is looking to make good with the developers (such as myself) who jumped on the opportunity to get a headset, but were otherwise left on their own with the controllers.

I've already picked up my own set from Dell. I'd like to get the 'free' set, but honestly don't know what I'll do with them aside from use them as spares. I doubt Dell will accept a return of my purchased ones.