The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
No Video Signal in headset, but device is tracking - Acer MR Headset
So the problem; My Acer headset tracks just fine through the Mixed Reality portal, but I'm getting no visual signal in the headset.
I've run through the suggested fixes on the Mixed Reality support doc such as switching simulator mode on and off, DWM task reset, and closing the MR Portal. None of those have worked.
I have managed to get signal going a few times, by disconnecting the headset entirely, and rebooting. Once booted up, I reconnect the headset, and I've got signal... that starts to flicker and cut out after about 10-15 seconds, until eventually (within 30 seconds) the signal is gone entirely.
I've tried all of the following to resolve this issue:
- Use different USB3.0 ports (Not using ASRock ports, but Intel USB ports)
- Disconnect all other devices that could interfere, leaving just input and the headset.
- Update all display and chip-set drivers
- Instead of connecting directly to the GPU HDMI, connect to Displayport through an HDMI to DP adapter (rule out HDMI port issues)
- Move from Creators build to latest Insider Fast 16257
- Again, check and verify all drivers while running 16257
- Test headset on a different computer to determine whether it was defective, it's not. It "works" fine on a Surface Pro 3 with Creators update 15063 (though runs at like 5 FPS)
- Clean installation of Windows 10 on a different SSD (same machine), updated to Creators Update 15063, latest drivers installed
None of these have resolved the no signal issue. Here's a hardware rundown:
CPU Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4Ghz
MB Asus P8Z77-V PRO
GPU GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme
RAM 16GB RAM
It's not the latest and greatest hardware, will be testing the headset tomorrow on a more recent machine with a 1080, and newer cpu/mb, but according to the MR portal, it really should run on this hardware... hell it "ran" on a SP3.
Would love some help or ideas on what to try next.