Mixed Reality Portal: "Check your display cable", cannot complete initial setup

JstepJstep
edited August 8 in Q&A and Discussions

I haven't been able to get my Acer headset installed/setup. When I launch the Mixed Reality Portal and try to set it up, I end up getting through the initial few screens, but when it comes to the "center your headset" portion, I keep getting the message:

"Check your display cable
Make sure your headset's display cable is plugged in correctly."

I've checked multiple times, restarted multiple times, etc. - nothing seems to work.

Suggestions?

NOTES:
ACER MR headset
Windows 10 build 16258 (170731-1532)

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Same problem here with HP Head Set insider build 16257.1.

On device manager the "Mixed Reality headset" looks good (detected).

(The headset is properly connected on a USB 3.0-A)

• @Jesus said:
    Same problem here with HP Head Set insider build 16257.1.

Jesus - if you "VOTE UP" my original post, it'll get traction faster. :smile:

• @Sunset said:
    Does your USB 3.0 port provide sufficient power? USB port must supply a minimum of 900mA for the headset to work. If it doesn't headset won't work even-though it shows up on device manager.

Great question... any idea how to check/verify that?

• @Sunset said:
    Does your USB 3.0 port provide sufficient power? USB port must supply a minimum of 900mA for the headset to work. If it doesn't headset won't work even-though it shows up on device manager.

I tried another USB 3.0 port, and it worked. I have TWO different USB 3.0 hubs... one of them fails on all four USB ports, but the other one seems to work fine. :)

THANK YOU!!!

• SunsetSunset
    edited August 8

Your welcome :D

• @Jesus said:

If all other USB port fails, solution could be to get a non-Asmedia USB controller USB 3.0 PCI-E card with power plug that can provide enough power to the headset.

• @Sunset said:

@Jesus said:

If all other USB port fails, solution could be to get a non-Asmedia USB controller USB 3.0 PCI-E card with power plug that can provide enough power to the headset.

The headset was working before the update :smile: , so yes, the USB ports are providing the right power...

• Ive noticed this as well, before the insider edition update it seemed to pickup but after enabling the insider edition this happens every so often. If the HDMI cable is unplugged and plugged back in, this seems to help if it doesnt, do bot HDMI and USB and if that doesnt work a restart does the trick.

• dbergmandbergman
    edited August 15

Yep...I was having same issue. Checked power of USB and they are all 500. Question. If I get a external usb hub that has actual power adapter, can I plug it into that?