Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Simple Solution Made Complicated/failure to give Crucial information

I see why Microsoft's tech support doesn't have a complaint department because it would be too much to handle, didn't Know where to put this conversation, but thought it needed to be brought up because there is very little information on the subject and I was on the phone with Microsoft and several other places for hours and they gave me no solution to my problem.. I bought a brand new Samsung Oddysey from a Microsoft store 2000 miles away from where I live. (Big mistake) I went to set it up 2 days later, everything checked out fine, desktop specs all checked off, and I know they where going to be because I bought it specifically for VR, but then I got this message telling me my HDMI wasn't connected right or something. I called Microsoft and they gave me a bunch of complicated troubleshooting option for a half hour they eventually told me to call Samsung and they did the Same thing but longer, and they concluded that my brand new 500$ mixed reality headset was defective. So I drove 2 hours to my nearest store, which wasn't even a full store, just a specialty store, and swapped it for the right, guess what? SAME PROBLEM, but under the message was the most helpful thing that nobody could tell me, not the "professionals" nobody but the Oculus message. "Please make sure your HDMI is connected to the port that had your graphics card" and it worked, so I could have got the same thing with the headset that I actually wanted in the first place. No one could tell me such simple information, so I suggest you guys at Microsoft do something about that, cause it's not convenient for first time users.

Comments

• Options

Update, their tech support doesn't even speak English. Pretty sure they are all from India, so makes sense I guess, multi million dollar company won't even pay Americans to answer their phones

• Options

Ahm, sorry but that is really a hard guess for anybody, that you are trying to connect your headset to a port that is not actually functional. Not really fair to assume, that anybody is guessing that. Occulus properbly already had that problem before, MS did not... a tech person would not guess such an error.