Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Need help with Samsung Odyssey display problem (R9 Fury)

Hello people,

I'm having trouble getting my SO working and I was hoping someone here might know what to do.

I'm using an R9 fury, 6700k, and 16 gb of ram.

I can't get anything to display on the headset. Sound comes through, but that's it. I have the USB plugged into SS 3.0 (also tried 3.1) and the HDMI cable is plugged into the GPU.

When the mixed reality program starts up, my PC screen starts flickering and the FPS becomes horrible. I can see that the headset and controller detection is working on the initial setup screen.

I downloaded the newest driver recommended here.

That link also says that for Ultra mode I would need to use a display port to HDMI 2.0 adapter. I didn't see anything about ultra mode in any of the MR settings but I did try decreasing the quality to the lowest setting but it didn't have any effect.

The way it's worded (The following graphics cards can also support Windows Mixed Reality headsets in Ultra mode with the addition of a DisplayPort™-to-HDMI® 2.0 adapter) made it sound like it would still work without the adapter but since I'm not getting anything on the display it has me wondering.

I noticed that the GPU is behaving really strangely whenever Mixed Reality Portal is open. I can set it to always be at 1100 mhz, but as soon as that program opens it drops down in the 300's, only to go back to 1100 once I close the program.

Anyone have any experience with this or input they could give me? I have the day off tomorrow so I was really hoping to go ham. The closest place to me where I could get that adapter is an hour away, so I'd be really bummed if I made the trip and it still didn't work...

Comments

• I've tried reinstalling windows and I've still having the same issue.

• I have exactly the same issue
    AMD XFX R9 380X
    64 GB ram
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    I tried connecting directly to HDMI 1.4 and through DP-to-HDMI but no luck on this PC
    It works with me fine on my SurfacePro4 i7 8GB ram using mini-DP to HDMI but not the same quality seen in youtube reviews. may be because the Surface Pro 4 is low graphics specs
    I tried installing many driver versions but no luck.

• There is a more efficient way for you to solve this problem is submitting your question in Feedback Hub.
    Feedback Hub is a Microsoft Store app, the download link is here.
    Mixed Reality Team can fetch application logs directly by Feedback hub. It is quite helpful for solving your problem. It also lets you provide screenshots. The more info you can give, the better.
    For more specific operation steps please refer to this question.