Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Samsung Headset display is going blank while the tracked environment is visible in MR portal

edited November 2017 in Troubleshooting

So I got the Samsung odyssey today. I went through the setup and everything went well. However, when I try to use the headset, the display on the headset goes blank after like a min or so, while everything still shows on my desktop screen. I still here sound from the headsets. I have gone through the troubleshooting page and did everything it told me to do (restart the app and what now), but nothing helps. I'm currently running i5 gtx970. I've made sure everything is up to date and all. Is anyone having a similar problem or knows how to resolve this? Thank you.

Edit: i've also made sure my HDMI is properly connected and usb is connected to a 3.0 and have even changed slots

Answers

• There is a more efficient way for you to solve this problem is submitting your question in Feedback Hub.
    Feedback Hub is a Microsoft Store app, the download link is here.
    Mixed Reality Team can fetch application logs directly by Feedback hub. It is quite helpful for solving your problem. It also lets you provide screenshots. The more info you can give, the better.
    For more specific operation steps please refer to this question.

• Did you find a solution for this? The display in mind will go blank if I look a certain way but I still have sound and it is still displaying on my desktop screen. If I wait a second it recovers but it happens pretty frequently.

I really don't want to exchange it because it has been on backorder at Best buy for weeks so I am hoping you found a solution.
  • I have also experienced similar issues using an Acer headset but I am running a Icore7 Surface Pro 4... Microsoft does not recommend this for MR, however it runs all the software. I have used the Portal regularly and it performs quite well but get an occasional black screen. It appears to be a Graphics Driver / Hand Controller conflict issue since the unit performs well for quite some time before screen going black.. screen tends to brighten, maybe a possible resolution change before going black usually when pointing the controller at the ground while selecting. Programs continue to run, audio and desktop remains active. Usually can re-engage the screen by disconnecting & reconnecting the my CLUB-3D CAC-1170 mini display to HDMI cable.

Legacy MCSE SCO ACE CompTIA A+ Network+ Professional.
    Former Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Authorized UNIX & LINUX Trainer, Accountant.