Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloLens App not available in Windows App Store

Hey guys,
I wanted to stream the live image (including Holograms) from the HoloLens to my PC and found the HoloLens App is doing the trick. Problem is that it's not available in the App Store right now. Any idea why it's not available and can someone send me the App?
Thanks!
Thomas

Best Answer

• KilmiKilmi
    Answer ✓
    null
    I had the same problem because my home PC or Surface was not with the good region for dowbloading the app ;). Modify to US or Canada restart the store and the downloading option will be available...

Answers

• It was available for me. I have downloaded it without the HoloLens. Please make sure you are on the latest release build of Windows 10 and have the updated Store app.
  • @Jayson said:
    It was available for me. I have downloaded it without the HoloLens. Please make sure you are on the latest release build of Windows 10 and have the updated Store app.

Thanks Jayson.
    I'm on the latest release build of Win10 Pro. How can I update the Store app?

• Checked on Windows store for HoloLens App

but its only available to HoloLens Users, using real HoloLens and logged onto Windows Store, basically using "PC" does not start

• Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

@Jarrod1937 said:
    Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Good, because I get error with the code 0x80240018 on the HoloLens emulator build 14342.1018 ;-( sad.

Says in Release notes supposedly it can load

Error code indicates that Windows Update cannot access the user token. The user token contains the basic credentials that enable Windows Update to make changes to your computer on your behalf without requiring you to log in every time. This error can occur if you're running your computer for long periods without restarting and the token expires. It might also occur when Automatic Update is running in the background and Windows Update is run in the foreground.

Bit tricky on the HoloLens Emulator, basically this does have a permanent cache store for basic credentials.
    Running Windows Windows store/Update trouble shooter gives

• Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

@Jimbohalo10 The app installs on your computer, not the Hololens, I had that swapped in my mind for a second. It then allowed me to install it, and I simply put in my device portal credentials that I created previously. The live preview it provides is certainly a lot better than the web interface which has a lag 5 times worse.
    I am not sure if you can use it with the emulator though.

• Everything in HoloLens Emulator says networking problem so I will look at that sometime in build 14342. Networked connection was ok in old version but can't remember what I did to get things working!

• Checked still cannot download because HoloLens Emulator is missing the ability to do Windows Update and reason works for HoloLens device, because emulator piggy backs the device version as this is how I understand.

• KilmiKilmi
    Answer ✓
    null
    I had the same problem because my home PC or Surface was not with the good region for dowbloading the app ;). Modify to US or Canada restart the store and the downloading option will be available...
  • @Kilmi said:
    null

That did the trick :)

• @Kilmi said:

Yes!! I am in UK its simple fix for any one see picture below
    @Jarrod1937 Yes!! "The app installs on your computer, not the Hololens, I had that swapped in my mind for a second. " works but you need to temporarily set United States as in picture

• @Kilmi said:
    null

This helped for me on my Windows Phone but in my PC I recevie the following message

Anyone having the same Problem?

• @JSch said:

@Kilmi said:
    null

This helped for me on my Windows Phone but in my PC I recevie the following message

Exactly the same problem. Why don't they just unlock the app worldwide? It is available in a few european countries too.

• @Gideon > @Gideon said:

@JSch said:

@Kilmi said:
    null

Exactly the same problem. Why don't they just unlock the app worldwide? It is available in a few european countries too.

Hey,
    Any solution for this issue?
    I am getting a same issue when i install the app from store.
    If any solution around here please provide.

Thanks.