Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Problem on the tutorial Holograms 211

Hello everybody

I'm currently trying to do the tutorial 211 for the HoloLens
I did the 2 first tutorials, and now I'm trying to do this one.
I'm blocked at the chapter 1, after trying to deploy the App on the HoloLens
Basically, I cannot deploy it, and Visual Studio is saying to me that the command stopped with the error code 1

Can you help me please ?

Thank you

Answers

• Options

Hi there,

I am also currently stuck on tutorial 211 running Unity 2017.2.1p2. I saw a post from October 2017 about the 101 tutorial not being properly updated for the current VS/Unity version, and I may be running into a similar error. Codes CS0618 and CS0169 are being thrown. I'm thinking 211 needs to be updated for 2017.2.

• Options

Hi!

I'm having the same issue.

I've been going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, nice to know it might not be my problema.

Any ideas when would it be updated?

Thanks!

• Options

Hi !

Do you found a solution to this issue ? I'm having the same issue, and it's the same for the next tutorials after 211.

I trying to find a solution, and I've seen the property "Scripting Backend" was "IL2CPP" for the previous tutorials. But for this tutorial and the following, this property is set to ".Net".

Can you help me ?

Thanks !

• Options
    dbarrettdbarrett ✭✭✭

As far as the HoloLens tutorial 211 is concerned I don't think many people will be able to help you getting that working as it is severely outdated. If however, you are trying to get gestures working, it is relatively simple. Once you download the MRTK, you can find some interfaces that you can inherit from that do most of the heavy lifting for you.

You can find them under: HoloToolKit -> Input -> Scripts -> InputHandlers.

There are quite a few of them, but all you really need to do is inherit from them. The most common ones people use for the HoloLens hand gestures are:

IInputClickHandler , IInputHandler , IManipulationHandler , INavigationHandler

Once you inherit from these, implement the interfaces and put your code under the intended methods based on what you want to do.

Also you will also want to Push or Pop the Input manager on things like the IManipulationHandler and INavigationHandler in the Started, Completed, and Canceled methods. Push in the Started and Pop in the Completed and Canceled.

InputManager.Instance.PushModalInputHandler(gameObject);

InputManager.Instance.PopModalInputHandler();

AR Developer

• Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue when I try to run the hololens emulator, it just says exited with code 1.